Duplicate Bug or Style Issue? My Only Gripe is Quick Insert

frm

Affected version
Current XF Live Site (It'd be nice if you put a version for us to report exact issues as you "alpha it" before beta/RC it in the footer)
Current XF (live) version in Quick Reply mode (good):
1593169352931.png

In a normal reply (good):
1593169522215.png

On Android 9 / Chrome 83.4103.106 (current as of Play Store) this isn't a bug but poor placement as it covers the sentence up (excuse my poorly 1st-grade sketch of the placement where the quick insert, in my opinion, should be, or at least not covering up the "Write your reply..." sentence at the minimum):
Screenshot_20200626-200800_Chrome.webp

However, this has to be a bug because once I do click it, it disappears and the editor just goes grey with the quick insert button disappearing:
Screenshot_20200626-200825_Chrome.webp

All else, it's shaping out much better than I expected. Keep up the great work, XF. (y)

There are currently open issues tracking both things you're reporting (the position on mobile, which technically isn't a bug though we dislike it as well and it will almost certainly change, and situations where clicking it doesn't work), so we'll use those issues.

There are currently open issues tracking both things you're reporting (the position on mobile, which technically isn't a bug though we dislike it as well and it will almost certainly change, and situations where clicking it doesn't work), so we'll use those issues.
Thanks, @Mike. Wasn't up to speed on it. :)

Just to check, is hitting return on mobile/iOS bringing it back up an issue you're tracking? Having to hit return twice for a new line would seem to be a degradation.

There are some known iOS line break related issues -- these would've existed in XF 2.1/Froala 2 as well. I don't think it's QI related, aside from demonstrating a related component of the base issue.

Just to make sure we’re taking about the same thing.

Hitting return on iOS at the end of the line brings up the insert button (and moves to a new line). You need to hit return a second time to stay on that line and remove the insert button. There’s also some weird cases where hitting return moves you back up a line. Now I’ve typed a fair bit here, it’s moving me to weird places like hitting return at the end of this posts moves the cursor to halfway through this paragraph of text.

I’m not sure why return triggers the quick insert but surely it’s not meant to?

The insert button shows whenever you're at the start of an empty line. So pressing return, which moves you to an empty line, is suppose to show quick insert. You just start typing and it hides. So that is correct. There are some behaviors where it isn't consistently shown on iOS but that just ties into the general other break issues, which I don't believe are new.

Top Bottom