Duplicate Bug in 2.2.12 & PHP 8.0.27?

TPerry

Affected version
Apparent bug present in 2.2.12 and PHP version 8.0.27?

Code:
[*]ErrorException: [E_DEPRECATED] Function libxml_disable_entity_loader() is deprecated
[*]src/vendor/laminas/laminas-feed/src/Reader/Reader.php:318
[*]Generated by: Unknown account
[*]January 6, 2023 at 4:43 PM

Stack trace
#0 src/vendor/laminas/laminas-feed/src/Reader/Reader.php(318): XF::handlePhpError(8192, '[E_DEPRECATED] ...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 318)
#1 src/XF/Service/Feed/Reader.php(53): Laminas\Feed\Reader\Reader::importString('<?xml version="...')
#2 src/XF/Service/Feed/Reader.php(25): XF\Service\Feed\Reader->setFeed()
#3 src/XF/Container.php(276): XF\Service\Feed\Reader->__construct(Object(XF\Cli\App), 'https://astrono...')
#4 src/XF/App.php(1725): XF\Container->createObject('XF\\Service\\Feed...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Container.php(234): XF\App->XF\{closure}('XF\\Service\\Feed...', Array, Object(XF\Container))
#6 src/XF/App.php(3158): XF\Container->create('service', 'XF:Feed\\Reader', Array)
#7 src/XF/Service/AbstractService.php(79): XF\App->service('XF:Feed\\Reader', 'https://astrono...')
#8 src/XF/Service/Feed/Feeder.php(210): XF\Service\AbstractService->service('XF:Feed\\Reader', 'https://astrono...')
#9 src/XF/Service/Feed/Feeder.php(24): XF\Service\Feed\Feeder->getFeedReader()
#10 src/XF/Job/Feeder.php(37): XF\Service\Feed\Feeder->setupImport(Object(XF\Entity\Feed))
#11 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): XF\Job\Feeder->run(8)
#12 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#13 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#14 src/XF/Cli/Command/RunJobs.php(59): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#15 src/vendor/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(255): XF\Cli\Command\RunJobs->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#16 src/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(992): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#17 src/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(255): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand(Object(XF\Cli\Command\RunJobs), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#18 src/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(148): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#19 src/XF/Cli/Runner.php(111): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#20 cmd.php(15): XF\Cli\Runner->run()
#21 {main}
[HEADING=2]Request state
array(1) {
  ["cli"] => string(60) "/home/nginx/domains/astrowhat.com/public/cmd.php xf:run-jobs"
}

I've got 105 error entries after upgrading to 8.0.27 of PHP related to this error..... and that was over a few hours.

In that case... I should NOT have 6 pages of logs of the error listed... if it's something that can be ignored, WHY is it taking up 6 pages of my log file and flagging a BIG red warning on my main ACP page. ;)
It remains a simple bug... that apparently they apparently figured a work-around for since mid-2021 but now it's raised it's head again. Now, how long ago was that.. oh, yeah... WELL over a year.
This WAS NOT present until I upgraded to the latest PHP 8.0.27 line... so that tells me that it IS something that apparently just raised it's head again with PHP 8.0.27, as 8.0.26 never gave that error (and I've been rocking along on it for several months).

Last edited:
Yes, that's why I posted the link ;)
Ah....but I wasn't in "debug" mode. Unless debug and development mode equate each other.
I never have any reason to be in debug mode on the site.
I would assume that each was used for a different purpose... debug being for more detailed tracking of issues, to be used in conjunction at times with development mode.

Ah....but I wasn't in "debug" mode. Unless debug and development mode equate each other.
Development mode implicitly enables Debug mode (as developing without debugging usually doesn't make sense) :)

Neither Debug nor Development should be enabled on a production site, doing so would be a severe security issue.

Top Bottom