Resource icon

Browser Detection 2.3.0

No permission to download

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Browser Detection - A light-weight shim around[Mobile_detect for XenForo

A light-weight shim around Mobile_detect for XenForo 2

Usage (in templates)

The add-on injects the global variable $mobileDetect, check that the variable is set before calling any methods to prevent errors during upgrades or if the add-on is disabled.

HTML:
<xf:if is="$mobileDetect && $mobileDetect.isMobile()">
    Is Mobile
<xf:else />
    Not Mobile
</xf:if>

HTML:
<xf:if...

Read more about this resource...

It purely depends on what templates you want to update, which is beyond the support I offer for free add-ons

@Xon
Actually i need that put a mobile icon, if message post on mobile devices.
If message sent from mobile device, i want to show "This Message Sent via Mobile Device" text below of the message (above of the signature area)

How can i configure that add-on? Because you say that
<xf:if is="$xf.mobileDetect && $xf.mobileDetect.isMobile()"> conditional but i think it doesn't work what i need.

There really isn't any place to store that sort of meta-data, and this add-on just shows if the user is currently using a mobile device.

Thank you for info anyway.

That add-on was perfectly works on xenforo 1.5

This is a utility add-on designed to be used manually in templates or by some of my other add-ons

In a paid addon, of course, $xf.mobileDetect would greatly be appreciated in something like Facebook's data saver option that can be overridden or by default use detection on to serve thumbnails instead of full images in both XFMG and threads (by "replacing" [ATTACH type="full"] with [ATTACH] in threads; unsure in XFMG and elsewhere)..

While some carriers have unlimited (throttled) data plans, others have gradually increasing prices from 1bg (easily accomplished swiping through hundreds of 8-30 megapixel photos) to $20 more for 5gb, even if you use 3, to $10 more to 7 using 5.5, and finally capping out at like $90 for 20gb as opposed to paying for $50 for 20gb up front.

This could be a very useful add on as many more go mobile and thumbnail settings just right will fill the screen just as well.

You've got my purchase if you can get a data saver mode like this done! :)

@Xon

Is there a way to use this via the criteria system? Easily of course, I don't expect you to walk me through it for a free addon ;)

1611866532137.webp

Top Bottom