Broke the ability to type into the reply box

The Grand Potentate

And now I can't even seem to start a thread. Thankfully, it was my test forum, but I'm not exactly sure how the hell this happened. Was hoping someone here might be able to help me diagnose this. Here's how it looks:

K3uJYZx.png

The borders on the reply box are gone and I can't type. Firebug doesn't show much much anything of use. Suggestions?

What have you done since the last time it was working?

Any template edits?
Code edits?
Installed any add-ons?
Upgraded the software or any add-ons?
Made any Style Property or CSS changes?

It is a custom style or the default, unedited style?

What have you done since the last time it was working?

Any template edits?
Code edits?
Installed any add-ons?
Upgraded the software or any add-ons?
Made any Style Property or CSS changes?

It is a custom style or the default, unedited style?

No template edits or anything other than I installed 2 add-ons - Simple Portal and a custom jobby that was going to hide bbc images on quote. I've uninstalled both and deleted the files. Otherwise, nothing. Its just setup to test out my add-ons. Trouble is, I can't figure out what's wrong and how to set it back so I can retest the add-ons or figure out what else it could be.

The first thing I can see is that the WYSIWYG editor is not visible and the plain text editor is set to visibility: hidden.

If I remove that then I can post.

I don't have access to the ACP but I suspect it's an add-on which is causing it.
Try disabling all add-ons.

Firebug.

See the latest conversation message.
I suspect part of the problem is due to missing or incorrect files, so you will need to re-upload.

Then re-enable the add-ons one at a time and confirm everything still works.

Yep, seems to have been it. Brogan had me re-upload the js/tinymce folder from my xenforo install zip. working on re-enabling the add-ons but it everything looks fine and the file check seems to be good.

Actually, scratch that. It seemingly FUBARED my TinyMCE setup, and I couldn't get the code bar back to save my life, so I had to reinstall. Let that be a lesson to you kids - always test out these add-ons on your test forum, lest they **** up your real forum!

Top Bottom