Implemented Breadcrumb Wrapping

Andy Huang

Well, these mostly cosmetic issue and personal preference, but I'm still filing this under bug report so parts of it could be looked at. Also, I took HTML from current output and edited it to add more items, so I don't know if there are other catches which may correct these, but in all cases...

First, the "second line" item doesn't look right for this:
wrap_1_item.webp
I haven't dived into CSS to figure out what's wrong with this, but I suspect this should be a simple fix with the padding or something.

Second, the individual lines after first line does not have upper border, and the individual lines aside from last does not have full bottom borders:
wrap_multi-lines.webp
I think it might look better if the borders are present.

I don't think I broke any code intentionally, but I also noticed my quick jump (this guy:
circle-arrow-down.png
) went missing. The HTML is there, but I don't see the icon. Clicking the general area does bring up some grey space (suspecting ajax not getting any response from my local html), so at least the link is still there.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I like that too. But that is assuming if we know when the style would wrap in php, which is really hard to do...
If you stay on the safe side you should be fine. Otherwise it could also be done with jQuery, but then you have to ask what happens when JavaScript is disabled. :)

I wonder if the forum structure can be collapsed, and shows with a click, so you have

<start> <forum structure when big> <where we are now>

Then again, how many times will it be so large that it has to collapse to a new line?

I wonder if the forum structure can be collapsed, and shows with a click, so you have

Then again, how many times will it be so large that it has to collapse to a new line?

I can't imagine very often, but, it could be useful.

I think the issue really needs to be thought through. With the new drop down box for subforums they could get extremely extensive.

I have plans to make subforums many many layers deep and use them as a simple read only database. Originally that was going to be a custom ip.content application.

This could be done pretty easily with jQuery. :)

1.2 generally prevents wrapping of the breadcrumbs, though you'll still see the lack of borders when you expand it.

Top Bottom