XF 1.2 breadbox shows forum while in homepage

florencia

Do you know why the breadcrumb in the homepage shows Forum. Also the navigation has Forum highlighted.
I have the homepage to be a page I created different from the forum list.

Lets concentrate to solve the Homepage problem. it has been almost 6 days and no one from support has helped me. very disappointing. I think support is not helping me because I said that the addons are very expensive. Since then replies are answers that do not solve the issues and make me go around and around and I never get a strait answer.

Last edited:
Lets concentrate to solve the Homepage problem. it has been almost 6 days and no one from support has helped me. very disappointing. I think support is not helping me because I said that the addons are very expensive. Since then replies are answers that do not solve the issues and make me go around and around and I never get a strait answer.

You've gotten a straight answer. To achieve exactly what you're doing you'll need an add-on, plain and simple.

Just because you've created a page node calling it home, does not make it to where the breadcrumb will reflect that.

The answer is simple, you'll need a plugin to do this. You can also look at possibly using one of the portal solutions that are out there.

It's not a problem with the software itself, it's how XenForo is designed.

Also @florencia if you have Nodes As Tabs installed I believe you can do exactly what you want, create the node, display as a tab and set the position to load in the first area.

My example:

home.webp

Then in options, set the Index Page Route to:

pages/home/

that is not an answer. I have already explain. Let me tell you what is the standard in the internet for a good navigation. Usually, most of the website, highlight the word on the navigation of the section you are at. The about page works fine. The problem its you homepage. If you think that is fine, then you are saying it is wrongly designed. this is a basic concept Russ. Have you ever seen a website where the v=breadcrumb shows you a path that is not where you are at? what it would be the purpose of doing that? why would you like to say in the breadcrumb that you are in the forum list page while you are in the homepage? how can ou not see that there is a problem here?

Top Bottom