1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Branding Removal

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by diego222, Sep 26, 2013.

1. diego222

diego222 Member

Hi

When we buy the "Branding Removal" option....

1 - If we delete it manually... do we have to delete it again each time we update the forum?

2 - Can we delete it without doing it manually? (just download a new version and updating or upload the same version without updating)

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Without having or using it myself, I'm not certain, but I'm fairly sure you just remove it yourself. Upgrades won't add it again.

3. diego222

diego222 Member

I was hoping "well, just wait for the next upgrade (the recently 1.2.2), just upgrade and no branding link without do nothing (only paying, of course)".

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Deleting the line from the template or phrase will be rather permanent.

diego222 likes this.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you purchase branding removal and then upgrade, the copyright will be automatically removed.

If you purchase branding removal and don't plan to upgrade, you can just edit the xenforo_copyright phrase and remove the text.

It will then be automatically removed the next time you upgrade, so the edited phrase can be reverted.

Jeremy likes this.