XF 1.5 Branding Removal

T Money

Question about the branding removal:
If I buy this, I assume the branding on the bottom of the page will be gone, but how about the "Inspect Element" ? Will "Xenforo" here be gone too?

upload_2015-11-5_16-5-9.webp

FWIW, you should be able to remove that by editing the PAGE_CONTAINER template. I don't believe we use it for anything, but there's no guarantee it won't be used in the future or no guarantee it isn't used by developers, for some reason.

Out of mere curiosity, why would it be important to remove this - bear in mind we're not talking about branding now, we're talking about changing references in the code which effectively impact on nothing at all (and there are others, too, such as the directory where JS files are served from).

@T Money - whilst branding removal (and removing XenForo from the HTML source) might stop most visitors finding out which software you are using - anyone who knows what they're doing will be able to identify it as XenForo.

I don't think you'll be able to completely hide the fact it is XenForo.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I don't think you'll be able to completely hide the fact it is XenForo.
Yep, there is almost always a way of telling but by removing the word "xenforo" from the page HTML it'll at least prevent the site from the site showing up in a search engine for the term. In the {fill in name of a forum platform that recently got hacked} world it is common that, once an exploit has been released, for the kids to search for explicit phrases in search engines to find forums running either the software in general or a specific version number of the software. To date we've been fortunate to not suffer that fate with XF. :)

Top Bottom