Branding removal - paid for but doesn't work?

Mr Lucky

I don't want to mention any names test as this may just be an oversight rather than a ripoff, but in September I paid an addon developer for branding removal which I believe is supposed to happen automatically, however the branding seems to have come back.

When I contacted him I was just told to contact another developer who would give me an unbranded version however this was on Monday and they have not answered my query.

Can anyone suggest what I do, needless to say I'm not happy about this as it seems a bit shabby to take my money then say someone else is responsible for it.

You will need to resolve it with the owner of the add-on.

Last edited:
If you've paid for it then nothing is stopping you removing it manually. You're within your rights to find the relevant templates then comment it out or delete it.

If you've paid for it then nothing is stopping you removing it manually. You're within your rights to find the relevant templates then comment it out or delete it.

No doubt, but I've paid for it to be done automatically, I don't want the faff of editing templates.

You will need to resolve it with the owner of the add-on.

The problem is the the original developer who I paid, Waindigo, is now telling me I have to contact Audentio to get the branding removal now, however they are not replying to my request.

The problem is the the original developer who I paid, Waindigo, is now telling me I have to contact Audentio to get the branding removal now, however they are not replying to my request.

Send me a message and we can get it taken care of. I don't recall ever seeing anything from you, but it may have been missed.

Jake

Waindigo has left the add-on market, save for personal projects. We will honor it for you though.

Even so, it's not something or we (XF) or anyone else can resolve.

Disputes between third parties can only be settled by the parties involved.

So why post on the forum then?

It's a private issue between you, the original developer and the new owner.

So why post on the forum then?

It's a private issue between you, the original developer and the new owner.

Because I tried dealing with this privately but was getting nowhere, i.e. not getting a response from the (new) addon owner Audentio hence I was asking advice from the forum community about the best thing to do in this situation.

I had originally paid the original developer so legally my contract was with him, but he told me to contact the new owner and when I did I got no reply so regrettably I felt my best recourse was to ask advice publically, initially without naming names as I saw no advantage in posting something that could be construed as mudslinging.

The forum is not just for contacting xenforo, it is also useful for getting advice in general from people who are more experienced than I am.

As it turned out this was a successful post as I have now got it sorted. It might have been more useful if I had been directed in the first place to Jake B or Mike Creuzer as opposed to "Audentio" who did not reply.

Everything is cool and life is wonderful again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom