Branding Free by referrals?

Russ

This popped up in another topic but it was sort of off-topic to some degree...

This is an idea purely off mental ranting, and something that I have yet to see. As we all know branding-free purchase is common on many types of software, however how about other than purchasing you could earn the branding-free license via referrals to XenForo.

Having the branding on forums allow XenForo to advertise itself freely and for users to know which software the community runs on. This in return ideally drives traffic to XenForo, but not necessarily guaranteed sales. If you guys roll out with something such as refer 10 customers to XenForo(ACTUAL SALES) then the branding free could be offered to that user. Incentive for owners to promote to the forum software, and extra sales for XenForo.

I have not thought this through by any means in business terms but again... simple ranting ;p.

I myself have no problem with branding on my forums at all, but this is just an idea.

If you are referring customers, why would you want to hide that you're running xenforo?

I think the money earned via referrals can be used anyway to purchase branding free option - if they offer one.

It's not so much hiding the software you're using, but rather creating an incentive to work for something. Nothing is stopping you from still referring business to XenForo in other means, but again ;p, just thoughts rambling on.

I wouldn't mind in the future if there a) is an affiliate program of some sorts (referral, affiliate, coupon, whatever) to help sales, and b) maybe something like "store credits" that could help get a renewal a bit quicker or cheaper; or extending a support contract, whatever ..

Yeah, I see no reason to complicate things this way.

I say just use a normal affiliate program...If you refer enough people, you earn enough money through the affiliate program, and you then turn around and purchase a branding free license yourself.

This popped up in another topic but it was sort of off-topic to some degree...

This is an idea purely off mental ranting, and something that I have yet to see. As we all know branding-free purchase is common on many types of software, however how about other than purchasing you could earn the branding-free license via referrals to XenForo.

Having the branding on forums allow XenForo to advertise itself freely and for users to know which software the community runs on. This in return ideally drives traffic to XenForo, but not necessarily guaranteed sales. If you guys roll out with something such as refer 10 customers to XenForo(ACTUAL SALES) then the branding free could be offered to that user. Incentive for owners to promote to the forum software, and extra sales for XenForo.

I have not thought this through by any means in business terms but again... simple ranting ;p.

I myself have no problem with branding on my forums at all, but this is just an idea.

it would be better to have something like "Bring 10 new customers to XenForo and get 1 licence for free for yourself"

Top Bottom