Branded Turn-key iPhone/Android Apps for XenForo [Deleted]

vbresults

vbresults submitted a new resource:

Turn-key iPhone/iOS & Android xF Apps - Push alerts, dedicated app with iTunes/Google Play listing, no ads, turn-key.

We are publishing mobile apps on the Apple and Android Stores -- with push notifications -- essentially a mini-browser wrapped around XenForo. We're offering this to select XenForo forums at no charge.

It's called "PMA" personalized mobile apps. As a webview, it's compatible with pre-existing ad, analytics, and SSO add-ons. It does not require an insecure API like Tapatalk that bypasses built-in security.

Also unlike Tapatalk, it doesn't capture your member emails and create...

Read more about this resource...

" You don't have to tell members to get the app. PMA automatically prompts mobile visitors to install the app from the apple/google store, instead of them having to hunt down your app."

Is it OK for Google?

" You don't have to tell members to get the app. PMA automatically prompts mobile visitors to install the app from the apple/google store, instead of them having to hunt down your app."

Is it OK for Google?
Yes, it's a small smart banner to install the app, which Google encourages. It is NOT a full-page interstitial, which is what Google penalizes. I'm adding screenshots.

Last edited:
Well… Hats off for the offer… I was excited for two seconds, then I read the Alexa policy and as having a private forum for only a thousand members we will never be listed on Alexa under the requirements. Bummer...

@vbresults: As an add-on like this is well sought after by a lot of XF admins here, it is worth to reconsider distribution and make it [PAID] instead of restricting it to that Alexa policy. It will sell like hot cake and you receive your reward for spending the effort on developing. That's my 2 cents but I would give you dollars if you want. (y)

Too bad I only got this :(
f6wK99n.png

@vbresults: As an add-on like this is well sought after by a lot of XF admins here, it is worth to reconsider distribution and make it [PAID] instead of restricting it to that Alexa policy. It will sell like hot cake and you receive your reward for spending the effort on developing. That's my 2 cents but I would give you dollars if you want. (y)

I would also ask you to consider making this into a paid service. For context, the 'white label', branded version of tapatalk costs site owners around $70 a month, and it is awful.

Monthly subscription would bring great revenue for the developers (who understand the sentence). $70 for what Tapatalk does under the bottom-line is much too much. I like this "browser around XF" approach as it just eliminates the question of "add-on support". Browser, branding, push notification. That's what all want.

Monthly subscription would bring great revenue for the developers (who understand the sentence). $70 for what Tapatalk does under the bottom-line is much too much. I like this "browser around XF" approach as it just eliminates the question of "add-on support". Browser, branding, push notification. That's what all want.

Indeed. and right now as part of the $70, site owners are required to handle the app submission to Apple and the Google Play store themselves.

Would love to be able to keep the same appID, but just have it 'upgraded' to something like this & remove tapatalk completely from my site, without having the users need to re-install the app on their phones.

I personally would pay a similar price to what i'm paying tapatalk now for a professionally maintained add-on like this. I'm sure other large site owners would too.

Too bad I only got this :(
f6wK99n.png
You have <2000 in Philippines [country ranking] so you do qualify.

Indeed. and right now as part of the $70, site owners are required to handle the app submission to Apple and the Google Play store themselves.

Would love to be able to keep the same appID, but just have it 'upgraded' to something like this & remove tapatalk completely from my site, without having the users need to re-install the app on their phones.

I personally would pay a similar price to what i'm paying tapatalk now for a professionally maintained add-on like this. I'm sure other large site owners would too.
Due to how the app signing process works, it's not possible to upgrade the apps as you say on Android. It has to be reinstalled/submitted. iOS might be doable.

Not to mention that the way Tapatalk is built. IIRC, once you remove the app, users who signed up with it won't be able to log in to the reg forum. Tapatalk also stores attachments remotely.

In removing it without preparation, you'd essentially dismember the forum, at least to the users made in Tapatalk. There is work to be done prior [mass email, PW reset, optional attachment import].

This is why I stopped recommending people from removing it recently, since most won't do this. If it's done, it has to be coordinated properly.

For the vBulletin version of this the pricing is $780 per platform. I tested monthly pricing for a short time and it only makes sense with an insane amount of volume, never mind the logistics.

Last edited:
Reactions: rdn
Damn...

One: hobby-gartenteich.de (biggest site with these theme in germany an over 10 years old
upload_2015-10-15_15-19-38.webp
Nothing changed last months (users, posts, pictures) - but alexa rank falls down? o_O

Two: (zetor-forum.de) not realy BIG, but the biggest in germany for zetor tractors and 3 years old
upload_2015-10-15_15-20-37.webp
Great, I am out ... but a notice to you @vbresults Alexa is not the view point for a lokal german site... realy not.

:(

For the vBulletin version of this the pricing is $780 per platform. I tested monthly pricing for a short time and it only makes sense with an insane amount of volume, never mind the logistics.

I want to be constructive here: Please take 5 minutes of your time and search "XenForo App" in the forum search here. Numerous threads and comments how bad people want something like it. You will realize that people lick their fingers to have this. It's a bucket of gold you have there. Making it dependent on Alexa Ranking is like having it for left-handed people only.

As I mentioned in one of the other "XenForo App Pretty Please" threads: Monthly subscription for Admins and a small amount per download per user. If it is like $.99 per forum user it won't hurt the users and you will start to amortize the costs with boards of 1000+ users.

Maybe make a poll and see how many here would pay under the above conditions.

I want to be constructive here: Please take 5 minutes of your time and search "XenForo App" in the forum search here. Numerous threads and comments how bad people want something like it. You will realize that people lick their fingers to have this. It's a bucket of gold you have there. Making it dependent on Alexa Ranking is like having it for left-handed people only.

As I mentioned in one of the other "XenForo App Pretty Please" threads: Monthly subscription for Admins and a small amount per download per user. If it is like $.99 per forum user it won't hurt the users and you will start to amortize the costs with boards of 1000+ users.

Maybe make a poll and see how many here would pay under the above conditions.

There are many communities like mine, which are closed to the general public (ie, industry-specific), thus will never have a high Alexa ranking, but are nevertheless large, profitable and in need of something like this. I'm surprised that we'd be excluded, if we were willing to pay.

This seems to be a simple App with just a browsing interface to a XenForo site and a simple push notification add-on (like the one you can buy from DP).

A project like this can be accomplished very simple with Adobe tools and some XF knowledge. Nothing to be exited about. You can just hire a programmer and he will create it for you for not too much money.

Top Bottom