XF 2.2 Box review

Luca_

Hello everyone .. do you know of any product or using the field of discussions how to get a box showing pros and cons ? A kind of box review? Thank you

It's not for threads but maybe it could fit what @Luca_ imagined.
Yeah.... but the thing is, you CAN have the Reviews create threads if it's like the rest of Bob's products.
Personally.. I think a Pro/Con review type scenario would be cluttered in a thread format... but that's just me. I'd MUCH rather have a dedicated option for them, as it would make them easier to find, and a cleaner interface to interact with.

Pretty sure @Bob's Rewiews add-on will do something similar.
One of the best 3rd party developers that exists for fantastic XF add-ons.
The below image is just a test entry at his site so that users can see what the add-on works like.

View attachment 274045

Example of a entering a review for a listed product.
View attachment 274046
This is perfect… do you know if it is also included in ams product (articles) of bob too?

Most of Bob's addons use the review system - AMS, IMS, UBS, RMS, Showcase and Link Directory

You could probably style it to look more like the example you've attached. I use a very simple styled version for my recipes section.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-29 182243.webp
    Screenshot 2022-09-29 182243.webp
    59.2 KB · Views: 9
I should buy bob's product .. it's called articles (ams)… does that product have a pro-cons system? what do you know?

@Bob
I use the following on my site from Bob
AMS
ShowCase
Link Directory
Classifieds

Most of them can be styled/designed to use a "review" system as the ability to perform reviews is built in... but each add-on targets a different idea set. The one that doesn't have the "review" ability that I have is Classifieds.

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 5.38.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-09-29 at 5.38.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-09-29 at 5.38.58 PM.png

They don't have a "Pro's/Con's" built in.. you would have to design it using the Review Fields I'm pretty sure.
I think the "Reviews" add-on example I linked you to already has that done.

And when you go to "Leave a Rating" (phrase can be changed - I changed it to review/rating) you see this

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 5.50.27 PM.png

Like I said, Bob makes some of the BEST add-ons that further the core of XF. In many ways, his add-ons will rival what most do with IPS Pages, without the hassle of having to design your own DB structure for your data and then create all your own templates to display said data.

Last edited:
It's built-in, with the reviews system.
Yep... see earlier post... I don't use the reviews, so never got into it.
What I was referring to was at time of initial entry of your item... there is NOT that "built in"... it's only for a review of an existing item.
So, if you are entering data into a ShowCase setting for say a store, unless the site owner creates it, there is no "Pro/Con" ability present for the person creating that entry.
There IS the ability to do so by creating custom fields.

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 7.49.40 PM.webp

Last edited:
I use the following on my site from Bob
AMS
ShowCase
Link Directory
Classifieds

Most of them can be styled/designed to use a "review" system as the ability to perform reviews is built in... but each add-on targets a different idea set. The one that doesn't have the "review" ability that I have is Classifieds.

View attachment 274070View attachment 274071View attachment 274073

They don't have a "Pro's/Con's" built in.. you would have to design it using the Review Fields I'm pretty sure.
I think the "Reviews" add-on example I linked you to already has that done.

And when you go to "Leave a Rating" (phrase can be changed - I changed it to review/rating) you see this

View attachment 274074

Like I said, Bob makes some of the BEST add-ons that further the core of XF. In many ways, his add-ons will rival what most do with IPS Pages, without the hassle of having to design your own DB structure for your data and then create all your own templates to display said data.

Yep... see earlier post... I don't use the reviews, so never got into it.
What I was referring to was at time of initial entry of your item... there is NOT that "built in"... it's only for a review of an existing item.
So, if you are entering data into a ShowCase setting for say a store, unless the site owner creates it, there is no "Pro/Con" ability present for the person creating that entry.
There IS the ability to do so by creating custom fields.

View attachment 274077
I am more and more convinced to buy AMS, in a few days I will buy it. thank you guys !

Top Bottom