Bout To Sell A Theme for $400 But...

DRE

Someone wants to buy one of the themes on my site but I want to continue using it. What's an example contract or agreement that I can give them when selling the theme so that I can continue using it on my site?

I designed all the themes on my site. I don't offer any of them for sale although I've sold variations of them when people have asked. This is just another one of those cases where someone asked and even told me what they'd pay for it. Normally I just tell them here's my paypal and shoot them the theme after I get the money but I haven't been asked to sell something for that much before.

$400 sounds like a price for a custom style or full ownership of a style, so I'd assume they would want it to be unique to them and not see it elsewhere. I'd ask for clarification on what they think they are getting for $400.

It sounds like they want me to set up their site as well and just teach them how to maintain it. So that's probably part of what the $400 is for. Not sure yet. It's a theme I actually made for my cousin at first but then she took the screenshots I made for her and showed someone else and they wanted it.

It sounds like they want me to set up their site as well and just teach them how to maintain it. So that's probably part of what the $400 is for. Not sure yet. It's a theme I actually made for my cousin at first but then she took the screenshots I made for her and showed someone else and they wanted it.

Just state that the conditions of use is your the only one that will use the theme as well as them since they approached you. Offer a guarantee to them that you won't sell it to another person or allow them to use if that is something they are willing to accept and agree on.

Here's the theme in question. It's called 'Beach' since their business is near a beach. I made it my site's default since the last time she asked me to create a theme for her she never bought it. Not sure if that will be the case with this one as well since her boss ain't bought it yet but I liked it so much I made it my main theme.

Screen Shot 2013-12-10 at 2.30.47 PM.webp
Screen Shot 2013-12-10 at 2.32.21 PM.webp

jk I'm not gonna buy a PS4 with that money. I actually gotta give it to someone else as a thank you for a huge favor after I sell it. I hate being so nice.

Haha, the navigation is the best part of the style. :)
Thanks it's heavily inspired by Xenforo's default theme and the fact that Xenforo's theme looks inspired by the beach. So I basically just took the 'Beach' concept and applied it to a theme but with slightly brighter colors.

Honestly its too...whats the word for it..."beachy" for my taste. :p Im not a big fan of all those bright colors.
When creating custom themes for someone sometimes what you like and what they want will clash. I've created custom paid themes for peeps before (just not this expensive) and while they loved it, I didn't. Customers give you spec list of what they want. You just try to fulfill it. Reminds me of t shirt design.

Top Bottom