XF 1.1 Bounced email address : Issues with registration confirmation email not being sent

Netsultants

Since the massive spam attacks hit XF I installed XenUtiles. It worked great in stopping the spam on my board but I started receiving a lot of bounced emails to my default email address.

So I changed the Bounced Email Address to "bounce@domain.com" and the emails to the default address stopped. But I also noticed no registrations for awhile. I decided to test a registration. So I registered using a different email address. I never got the confirmation email. I requested a resend and still no email. So I removed the Bounced Email Address and requested it send again and I received the confirmation email immediately.

I'm not sure why putting an address in the Bounced Email Address would have any bearing on sending confirmation emails.

I'm now getting registrations again but once again getting the bounce notifications at the default address.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with XenUtiles as I have that installed.

Also, I know it's not in a spam folder as I have no filtering.

Interesting....so you don't put the whole address, just the first part and you think the system unterstands the domain?

I still don't understand how anything in this area could affect the confirmation emails.

Interesting....so you don't put the whole address, just the first part and you think the system unterstands the domain?
yes, that is how my forum is set up, it could be something special about how our hosting provider has the cpanel email accounts set up.. not sure.
I still don't understand how anything in this area could affect the confirmation emails.
I thought it might be worth experimenting with the bounced email address because you typed that without that bounced email address filled in, you confirmation emails worked... but with it filled in with bounce@yourdomain.com the registration emails were no longer sent.

I'm just trying to help, I am not an expert in these things (at all).

Obviously it also could be the add-on you mentioned as well, I really do not know.

xenforo.webp
Jake, I don't have a spam filter at all and I tested it on a secondary email account.

As soon as I removed the "bounce@domain.com" for the bounce email address the confirmation email came though.

So I don't see how a spam filter would have any bearing.

To Recap:

With an email address in the bounce email field: No registration confirmation email goes through
Without an email address in the bounce email field: registration confirmation email goes through.

That's the only difference

I do have XenUtiles installed so I don't know if that's an issue.

Then you will need to examine the mail logs on your server to see what is happening to those emails. The logs may contain a specific error that will indicate the problem. It might be something with your mail server configuration.

Top Bottom