Bought and downloaded XenForo - what's next.....

Bought and downloaded XenForo. It doesn't look like rocket science to get it up and running, but then again it's not exactly using a screwdriver.

I've got my forum text and outline of the forum ready to go, I just have to get the forum software working online. I guess my situation now is do I spend possibly weeks, or at least many, many, many hours trying to figure it all out, or just pay to have it done for me. What is involved at this point? I've obviously got the domain name, the server, and of course XenForo, and now it's just a matter of "positioning" the software data info on to the FTP, then click on to the server...right?

I have not downloaded a FTP yet. But I will probably use FileZilla unless there is something better.

The bottom line is I'd rather be working on my forum continued text, etc, than spending who knows how many hours getting it online which is just a one time thing to do, whereby I don't mind at all spending countless hours working on the forum info.

So any suggestions on how to do this and the most effective way both in time and money. I don't mind paying for the expertise to get it up and running online, but I don't exactly have Donald Trump type money to pay for it all.

Thank you and appreciate any replies or help, even the pay for help if needed.

Also, does a "turnkey" solution exist? Just getting a typical forum layout up and running, the layouts of these online forums are all fairly much the same, with the various categories pertaining to the forum idea, etc...and have the expert get it online and looking like that.

Then all I would need to worry about is adding posts and info to the categories, adding or deleting categories, and learning further the various intricacies of using the software, IE the spam controls, etc, - that I can handle myself with no problem, like using a screwdriver - LOL

Thanks again!

Steve

Installation Service - $50*
A XenForo representative will install the latest version on your server, provided it meets the requirements. This does not include PHP or MySQL installation or configuration.

I click the above

Then it takes me to:

Review Your Cart
Cart Contents
  • XenForo$140.00
    • Installation Service$50.00
Total:
$190.00

I've tried various ways, "remove selected" etc, to get it to just be the $50 installation service to no avail.

You just need to log in to your account and select the installation service for your existing license.

Ensure any other items are removed from the cart.

You just need to log in to your account and select the installation service for your existing license.

Ensure any other items are removed from the cart.

I think I now know how those Skinner pigeons felt like - I keep pecking but no pellets. LOL

I'll try Oman - Seems like he can get me to a better place anyway, past just the installation, and into working with the wonderful XenForo software.

Thanks for all the help and advice, and those accolades for Oman are some of the finest I've ever seen.

Steve

Message sent to Oman:

Hi Oman - I bought the XenForo license, the server, and the domain name, but am having trouble putting it all together. How do we go about doing business, and how do you accept payment? PayPal works well for me if that works for you.

Also - I don't care much if I have to change the server, if there is a server you are more familiar with. I didn't connect or anything with the FTP online with that server, so I don't care if I just don't use it.

Also I downloaded FileZilla, and I think I uploaded the server info on there properly, but then again perhaps I didn't. If there is a better way or a better FTP, or if I should delete what I did, or just delete the FileZilla and just re-install a clean FileZilla or some other FTP or whatever, that is fine by me. Basically whatever you suggest, is likely what I will do.

Thank you, and look forward to hearing back from you.

Steve

Top Bottom