Bootstrap Theme Support

kenjw

My Wordpress site is based on Bootstrap. Is XenForo also using some derivative of Boostrap. Its unclear from the chain of former Q&A to Pre-Sales Questions

Thanks
kenjw

My Wordpress site is based on Bootstrap. Is XenForo also using some derivative of Boostrap. Its unclear from the chain of former Q&A to Pre-Sales Questions

Thanks
kenjw
While XenForo does not use Bootstrap, but you can easily design your forum to match with your WordPress site. There is even an add-on bridge which will allow you to link the two together.

So … if I could "embed" XenForo into a WP Page where that Page was controlled by a Bootstrap Theme, would XenForo then be"Boostrap Responsive"?
Basically what I need is that the screen automatically resizes the WP Page in a "Bootstrap Responsive" way. Right now all my current"embedded" products can be viewed on any device with a modern browser and they behave just as you would expect a "Bootstrap Responsive" Theme to display them.

XenForo uses its own responsive design.

Resize the browser window to see it in action.

If you want to change how that works and make it compatible with your other pages, you will need to design your own style.

Yes I have seen XenForo be Responsive in a browser and I like it and that is what is keeping my interest. My concern obviously will be "what conflicts might exist better the XenForo Responsive Theme and the Wordpress Page Bootstrap Theme". They both seek the same objective.

Has anyone tried this before? It would make your product fantastic if it works!

Yes I have seen XenForo be Responsive in a browser and I like it and that is what is keeping my interest. My concern obviously will be "what conflicts might exist better the XenForo Responsive Theme and the Wordpress Page Bootstrap Theme". They both seek the same objective.

Has anyone tried this before? It would make your product fantastic if it works!
You will not need to use Bootstrap to make XenForo look like your WordPress site.
Yes, people have indeed designed their XenForo site to match the design they were using on WordPress.

I would recommend @Arty for such a project.

Bootstrap and forums should not be mentioned in same sentence... or same post... or thread or even website. Bootstrap is excellent for basic website pages, but it is completely useless for forum style and should be avoided like plague.

In Bootstrap classes set predefined behavior. To change behavior all you have to do is change class name of element. That is completely opposite of what forum styles should do: HTML should set semantic structure, CSS should define behavior. In order to change forum style author or forum owner should simply edit CSS. That is not how Bootstrap or any other framework works.

Frameworks like that are good only for simple websites created by people with no time or experience creating proper websites.

Top Bottom