Not a bug Bookmarks URLs

topkurs2

Affected version
Hello!
When adding link to bookmarks, it's adding in "bookmarks" by full forum URL, that is added here admin.php?options/groups/basicBoard/
If board is working via several URLs or if admin is working in both localhost and web version, it's not convinient.
Maybe to add bookmarks with dynamic URL?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for here - could you explain the use case for bookmarking a partial URL and how you would use it? Are you referring to a behaviour within XenForo itself or a browser action?

Yes, of course. I mean just dynamic URLs in Bookmarks. Situation. Board is working in multiple mirrors. Member is adding some bookmark, it's adding like url1. If member is entering board through 2nd mirror url2, in bookmarks (here) he sees url1, not the url2.

I'm not totally sure what your use case is, but throughout the software we create canonical links, rather than "full" links.

This is the desirable behaviour and you will see it throughout the software. A canonical link means the URL is based on the board URL rather than the requested URL.

You can make a suggestion for changing this if you want but it's not likely to change.

Top Bottom