Blue Host

@MistyMeanor, if they do give you the run-around about a refund (and you are continuing to have problems) hit me up. I've got a dedicated server sitting out there that I'm not really using right now (it's on a 100mb pipe). It has NO RAID set up on it yet (single 1TB hard drive), but I could get you up and running on it. You won't have cPanel access nor shell access as I use keys for most of my stuff and it's not really set up for multiple users to log into (security settings).
You could use it until you get to a point where you are ready to get another hosting provider.
I can get phpMyAdmin set up so that you can access/work on your database also.

*calls Dan to disable your server* Get your paws outta my cookie jar! :LOL:

hehe, this is located same place we have our servers.. Just were on a faster pipe :P Very nice gesture of you Tracy.

Reactions: Dan
FWIW, one of my clients hosts their site with Bluehost, they up and down all day today... Their site was either unreachable or dead slow for big chunks of the day.
We have been experiencing service disruptions today. Many of our customers’ sites are back online. However, some customers may continue to experience intermittent access and slowness until services are fully restored. We understand that your sites are your lifeblood, as well as the engine to our economy, and we have committed all company resources, nationwide to a swift resolution and full restoration. Thank you for your patience.

I just talked to the TOS department as well, my site is fine... they said the profanity would have to be EXCESSIVE to get in trouble, he said like REALLY EXCESSIVE filled with profanity. The sexual TOS they said it just can't be meant to "excite" or "arouse" visitors... if it is being discussed for medical reasons, we are fine... also said because I have stipulations set of 18+ and other criteria that has to be met just to read the sex-based forums we are fine... even then they said your site doesn't automatically just get shut down, you are notified about it and it is based on people reporting the content against a site. -- Which this is what I figured.

*calls Dan to disable your server* Get your paws outta my cookie jar! :LOL:
hehe, this is located same place we have our servers.. Just were on a faster pipe :p Very nice gesture of you Tracy.
I don't usually make an offer like that, but if the forum is one that is for a good cause (like this one is - my wife has MS so I can empathize) I don't mind helping out.
It wound't be a permanent deal... just till she can get what she needs to do (research, etc) and decide on another host - so my hands aren't in the cookie jar, just playing with the lid! :D

I don't usually make an offer like that, but if the forum is one that is for a good cause (like this one is - my wife has MS so I can empathize) I don't mind helping out.
It wound't be a permanent deal... just till she can get what she needs to do (research, etc) and decide on another host - so my hands aren't in the cookie jar, just playing with the lid! :D

Awww thank you @Tracy Perry! that is a very sweet gesture. I am not ready at this point... things are just starting to slow down for me a little bit after all the horrid hacking and defacing of my forum. I have no idea why on earth someone would want to do that to someone, especially a site like mine! Yes, MS can be very similar to MD (muscular dystrophy) or other types of neuromuscular diseases...

A quick little educational series brought to you by MistyMeanor... the one, the only... LOL: There are at least 40 KNOWN types of NMDs out there, normally falling into the muscular dystrophy category and then branching down in to types. Mine is called Spinal Muscular Atrophy ... I was diagnosed at 18mos. old. (most of the SMAs are diagnosed as infants/toddlers/young children) and it is a progressive disease that wastes the muscle mass away. Nearly every organ is a muscle, so imagine that... losing the strength to swallow, go to the bathroom, etc. Everyone progresses differently... some pass away as infants, some make it like me (35 years old) ... but wheelchair-bound and very dependent. Most people have heard of Lou Gherig's disease or ALS... same thing... just different type, different age onset, different progression speed. So I never was big in the disabled community other than doing fundraisers and stuff, but never associated a whole lot with online groups. Found a FB group that was very poorly managed, so took a leap and decided to start NMNL. I have heard MS is very painful. I have been blessed to be pain free up until about 2 years ago... got a bone infection in my hip, and it left my hip screwed up and now live in pain daily. Pain is no joke. I have been on medical leave from Apple for the last year almost, and will be going back to work the 21st of this month... and I am the type that has to be busy ALL THE TIME... so this was my project... to create a hopefully one day very resourceful and successful forum for all people 13+ living with a NMD.

Top Bottom