Blogging and Articles in Xenforo

ritesh

I want to use Xenforo mainly for blogging. My current blog gets a good amount of comments. So I am turning that blog into a Xenforo forum so that my audience can actually become a member and interact with each other through the forum.

I will write articles. Now, I am really confused about Xenforo's capabilities. Does Xenfor natively supports article-style threads? Or do I need to buy Resource Manager for that?

And, what's the purpose of XPress by ThemeHouse?

Please clear my doubts. Thanks in advance :)

Do you mean threads in this format?

The RM could be used an article/blog type system.

Do you mean threads in this format?

The RM could be used an article/blog type system.
yes, exactly

I’m biased, but…

if you already have a blog, I wouldn’t change it entirely over to xenforo article format. The article functionality is nice but I don’t like the feel of it and it’s still up for debate how google treats it. It’s one thing to start with it but to transition an existing blog to it, I wouldn’t.

this is a nice middle ground assuming you have a Wordpress blog already:

I haven’t used this add on but it mirrors how we do things with a Wordpress side and a xenforo side for comments.

Xpress is a more involved integration.

I’m biased, but…

if you already have a blog, I wouldn’t change it entirely over to xenforo article format. The article functionality is nice but I don’t like the feel of it and it’s still up for debate how google treats it. It’s one thing to start with it but to transition an existing blog to it, I wouldn’t.

this is a nice middle ground assuming you have a Wordpress blog already:

I haven’t used this add on but it mirrors how we do things with a Wordpress side and a xenforo side for comments.

Xpress is a more involved integration.
I have a custom-built integration for word press, to use articles but the user experience isn't good. The logged-in users can just comment. I am not using xenforo's articles for the same reason as yours(Google). I messaged xenforo and they weren't sure about it either, therefore I am sticking to WordPress for now.

Top Bottom