Blog

dilbert

One of my sites uses blogs instead of forums. They have no interest in using the forum features.

I didn't see how much the blog add on is, does XF have a built-in blog? I am trying to avoid add-ons.

Thanks

XF 2.2 (currently in Beta) features a new "forum and thread type" system. One of the new forum/thread types is "articles".

You can read more about article forum/thread types here:

How this relates to blogs is that we have a particular view called "Expanded" for article forums which gives the forum listing a blog-style view.

1599139133028.webp

And the articles (the threads) themselves look similar to how blog posts look in a lot of platforms.

You should be able to trivially update phrases that use the word "article" to change them to the word "blog".

So that may work for you otherwise you'll have to find a third party blog add-on as we do not offer one ourselves. There are a number of different ones but we cannot officially recommend any as we don't have any direct experience with them.

Unfortunately it wouldn't.

That may be something we could add support for in the future (we'd import them as threads, and then you'd convert those forums to an article forum if desired) but for now it would require a custom importer to be written.

Top Bottom