Blog/Article ranking

JoyFreak

Many suggest that blogging ranks faster in search engines than forums do.

My question would be if I were to use a XF blog/article add-on, would the blog rank faster in this case even though the add-on is part of the forum software?

Or would I need to use a software like WP?

Thank you but that is a test by one person. The others got different results and taking other factors into consideration, it does not suggest that it ranks any faster.

there was a thread recently related to how the number of urls shown in Crawled - currently not indexed are increasing for a lot of forum owners. i cannot seem to find it now. it had a source that indicated that user generated content websites are sort of getting low preference. blogs have always ranked well compared to forum because they are content focused and do not have pages and pages of low value content.

there was a thread recently related to how the number of urls shown in Crawled - currently not indexed are increasing for a lot of forum owners. i cannot seem to find it now. it had a source that indicated that user generated content websites are sort of getting low preference. blogs have always ranked well compared to forum because they are content focused and do not have pages and pages of low value content.
And that is the key.

Many, perhaps most forum owners overestimate the value of threads on their forums. In truth, a lot of threads on many forums are basically just banter and chit-chat of interest to members of that specific forum but of virtually zero interest to anyone else. Naturally, Google and other search engines have little interest in indexing threads like that: that would be like indexing small talk around the office cooler.

If you want your forum to rank better and have a stronger presence in search results, find ways to increase the proportion of substantive threads.

Last edited:
Top Bottom