Add-on Blind Carbon Copy option in conversations

Goldoff

Maybe it's already there, but in such case I haven't been able to find it: no one else than me finds necessary this option in order to send a private message ("conversation") to several users without them knowing who else is included in a group of addressees?

If there was already a conversation manager add-on containing this feature please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
it raises some huge privacy problems

Well, there could be an excess of privacy, if I may say...

Seriously now, I really can't see what kind of privacy issue this could raise, especially when there are other add-ons allowing admins to directly access users' inboxes

Last edited:
You can do this from acp. Communication >> Message users. Lists are sent individually and the recipients are not exposed.

Seriously now, I really can't see what kind of privacy issue this could raise,
None as long as you let members know that what they think are private messages aren’t actually private and they might be copied to someone else without their knowledge.

The main issue is when you call them private messages but in reality they aren’t.

You can do this from acp. Communication >> Message users. Lists are sent individually and the recipients are not exposed.

Thank you for the tip. The problem there is that I need to create a specific group, as the system doesn't allow to send by name (nick) list

None as long as you let members know that what they think are private messages aren’t actually private and they might be copied to someone else without their knowledge.
How do you email lists work? They need to tell you someone else got it? 😂 There's plenty of forum software that lets you carbon copy instead of creating a group conversation. And no recipients are exposed, hence BCC.

How do you email lists work?
I don't know how email lists work, some kind of magic process I suppose. But how is that relevant to so-called private messages?

They need to tell you someone else got it?

Again, is that actually related to this topic, which is about the conversation system, not email lists. If I email people, I assume they get it but don't actually know for sure.

Top Bottom