Bizarre MySQL puzzle

Davyc

Recently I was having an issue with the XF search not bring in any results, the problem was identified as the search index being in an InnoDB format in the SQL server setup. This was changed to MyISAM and the issue was resolved. This was a little while ago. Today I was searching for something and no results were returned, so I did a few more searches for other items and again no results were returned. I went back into the SQL server and the search index was showing as InnoDB again, I changed it back to MyISAM and the searches worked again.

My question is this, can the database change itself from MyISAM back to InnoDB and if it can is it possible to prevent this from happening?

My question is this, can the database change itself from MyISAM back to InnoDB and if it can is it possible to prevent this from happening?
The DB server isn't going to do itself, it will be some sort of manual action. You'd need to determine what changed it, to then prevent it occurring again.

As it is a shared host I'd expect that the hoster has setup some kind of job to automatically convert MyISAM tables to InnoDB (and most likely will not add an exclude for one customers single table ...)

As it is a shared host I'd expect that the hoster has setup some kind of job to automatically convert MyISAM tables to InnoDB (and most likely will not add an exclude for one customers single table ...)
I have a feeling that this is what it may be - I'll contact my host and see if they can confirm this.

Top Bottom