Bitcoin + Xenforo

topkurs2

Hello.
After stripe stop using bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, there is no good bitcoin payment profiles for Xenforo.

1. Are there any such addons? Maybe I don't find. I want to use Bitcoin + other cryptocurrencies.
Maybe there is BitPay payment profile? Or gourl.io merchant for Xenforo?

2. Who is the author of this one "Rivals Bitpay". I have found this addon on some forums, but there is no verified author, no support. I even can't understand, who is the author?
Also there is coinpayments.net payment profile (paid module). I've already try to use it. But it's very unconvenient for users.

The addon by @Thibeault has been removed here. If you are downloading it from a nulled XF site then its likely infected with malicious code.

There is no cryptocurrency addon yet. Many need it.
No, it's paid one, I have bought it here teslacloud.net/resources/tc-paygate-coinpayments.19/

Yes, I agree. A lot of people waiting for such addon. There is no perfect option yet.

Upd:
Aaaah, yes, okay. Thanks a lot. And why @Thibeault has been removed it?

Is that site legit? Or is it going to steal your money through a backdoor and empty your account?

if it's not here on xenforo, be careful!! its easy to steal bitcoin

that website also not have much traffic, maybe its scam website!!

someone steal my bitcoin last year!! i download my bitcoin on my computer and my mom use my computer after and click on bad stuff, then my bitcoin was gone! so my mom buy me a new bitcoin!! but i was very sad!!

i will ask siropu, au lait or dbtech to make bitcoin add-on for us, hes is professional!!

Is that site legit? Or is it going to steal your money through a backdoor and empty your account?
I don't know, I even don't want to check. Because it's not updating, no support and real author has been removed it. The reasons, like yours. Such addon can steal money and could be just a backdoor. So don't want to check on working board. I can upload it for you, but I myself don't want to install such addon....
Searching stable trusted payment profile :( Maybe some developers will make bitcoin add-ons.

I used gourl.io a year or so ago, never had any issues and any payments sent to my gourl.io wallet were then sent straight onto my personal crypto wallets.

hip hip hooray!

it looks promising!

looking forward to you adding more payments processers because coinbase banned me many years ago, they are like paypal, they are Communists and don't allow certain websites, they believe in censorship

not a big fan of bitpay either, because they also believe in censorship,

but I don't think object to you adding them, the more the better

but people who use bitcoin and cryptos websites dont like 3rd parties because then you have to obey their rules and they are recently banning many people from websites that's what drove us to bitcoin

1.please make to compatible with dragon byte credits

2. please add btcpay because you don't need middle man/third party, so it's censorship resistant

IMG_20181226_192413.webp

IMG_20181226_192327.webp

Yeah, bitpay and Coinbase are like paypal - unsecure and writing a lot of data, logs, have hard verification process. Sending data to authorities and so on. In one word - censorship.
No good support. Also it's hard to contact them to do account verification, Coinbase was answering me 3 months(!). All this time my account was locked and waiting their verification.

However, it's perfect news! @Robust have done A+ work. Till this time there was no crypto for xenforo at all. So it's cool even with bitpay and coinbase :)

@51463, btcpay is using bitpay api, I'm I right? Or just conforms to the invoice API of BitPay?

Yeah, bitpay and Coinbase are like paypal - unsecure and writing a lot of data, logs, have hard verification process. Sending data to authorities and so on. In one word - censorship.
No good support. Also it's hard to contact them to do account verification, Coinbase was answering me 3 months(!). All this time my account was locked and waiting their verification.

However, it's perfect news! @Robust have done A+ work. Till this time there was no crypto for xenforo at all. So it's cool even with bitpay and coinbase :)
Coinbase Commerce doesn't utilise the normal procedures for Coinbase. It isn't subject to the same financial / regulatory oversight, so there's more leeway. There's no verification process (just email confirmation), so you don't send ID etc. You don't give them your address or any information, and Coinbase Commerce doesn't directly offer fiat services (unless you move your money to Coinbase), it's effectively a separate product. See their terms for the kinds of businesses they don't support.

Their current rules are:

gZW4NvE.png

I'd imagine that a majority of businesses and XenForo forums should be fine under these restrictions (they're fairly basic and far lighter than the normal Coinbase ones).

Generally, since Coinbase Commerce is pretty lightweight, you shouldn't really require support etc. (but I agree Coinbase's support is pretty dreadful in cases you do require it). I see their service just as an API to save the burden of coding the logic to accept payments yourself (which isn't as easy to do correctly). I'm fully confident that using APIs such as Coinbase Commerce and Bitpay is better for forums, and generally any kind of manual implementation would run into issues or be infeasible (and only be necessary for a very small percentage of users). Given Coinbase Commerce's structure, privacy is pretty respected for this product.

Note, of course, with a custom solution you'd be required to troubleshoot any errors manually which would be a lot more cumbersome given the Bitcoin protocol (hence better to have the Coinbase engineers do it, using their solution).

I can understand some may prefer a higher degree of privacy and run their own infrastructure themselves. My add-on doesn't necessarily target these people. If you really require a degree of privacy where you do not wish to share an email with Coinbase Commerce (or another gateway, as integrations come), or cannot quality under their terms, then admittedly a more custom solution may be more appropriate. I don't plan to go down that road with my add-on, though.

Top Bottom