Birthday thread

Birthday thread [Paid] 2.4

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Birthday thread - Automatically creates birthday threads for your members.

Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $25.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Note: all my XF1 add-ons are still 100% free and are supported by donations.

Description:

Automatically creates birthday threads for your members.

(Example of Birthday...

Read more about this resource...

@AndyB any chance to include option to create no new thread but new post in existing thread?
I have just one old thread for birthdays (no sense for new thread for every new birthday).
Could you expand this mod (and for XF 1.5) so it will create new post in existing thread, not new thread for every birthday in some forum?
Thanks

Are the screenshots up to date?

If so, there are a few thing you should change
  • Change the Forum ID Spin Box to a proper forum select (Edit Format PHP Callback, Format Parameters \XF\Option\Forum::renderSelect)
    A spin box for an ID field makes absolutely no sense (at least to me)
  • Likewise, the usergroup Field should be replaced with a proper Usergroup Select
  • Get rid of the password field
  • Refactor the Controller into a proper Cron Entry

great addon
if it Automatically creates birthday threads for your members ?
i will get it soon after install xenforo 2.0

Hi @AndyB, would it be possible to send a private conversation instead of starting a thread to wish happy birthday to someone? This way I'd be more sure people don't miss it as a private conversation message is more seen than a thread in my opinion, and we could keep it more private this way, still leaving the possibility to users to genuinely post a happy birthday thread if they wish to, thank you.

Top Bottom