Birthday Calendar

Birthday Calendar 2.2

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Birthday Calendar - Shows members birthdays in a calendar format.

Description:

Shows members birthdays in a calendar format.

(Example of birthday calendar)

View attachment 69610

(Example of options page)

View attachment 69611

Features:
  • Easy to use calendar month and year selection
  • Option to only show members with recent activity
  • Birthday Calendar Link added to Members tab
  • Fully phrased
Installation:
  1. Download birthdaycalendar_v1.0.zip and unzip it
  2. Upload the Andy directory to your...

Read more about this resource...

Nice job with this...

Question: What happens if you have, say, 20 people with the same birthday? Does it cut off at any particular number with a pop-up simple list of the rest?

Error Info
PHP:
ErrorException: Undefined variable: user_id - library/Andy/BirthdayCalendar/ControllerPublic/BirthdayCalendar.php:52
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 5:24 AM
Stack Trace

PHP:
#0 /forums/library/Andy/BirthdayCalendar/ControllerPublic/BirthdayCalendar.php(52): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/www/...', 52, Array)
#1 /forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Andy_BirthdayCalendar_ControllerPublic_BirthdayCalendar->actionIndex()
#2 forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

Request State

PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(57) "http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/birthdaycalendar/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

^ I think this only affect guest viewing as its only listed under 'unknown account'

I really wish we could see this add on posting a thread for the Today's Birthday with an inactive cut off day option. This is really the one function I cannot find since moving from VB to XF :(

Works beautifully! Thanks for all your hard work.

One last question...

How can I get the calendar to inherit the colors from my current color scheme. I use brown shades. This shows up blue.

color.webp

Nice one, once again!

I did notice that the page title was defaulting to the forum name but this only required one easy template edit:
Code:
<xen:title>{xen:phrase birthdaycalendar_birthday_calendar}</xen:title>

Has there been any consideration for possibly merging this with your other Calendar resource, @AndyB ? Perhaps as a visitor toggleable option via a popup menu e.g. '✔ Birthdays (this resource), ✔ Public Holidays, ✔ Events'

Just a suggestion :)

Top Bottom