• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Bigger Avatar on Postbit

yavuz

Lately I was asked if it were possible to make the postbit size larger. I don't remember the Xen name for postbit. The demo adress is here: here

I searched for it here on xenforo but couldn't find a way to do that and unfortunately my css knowledge isn't very good :)

Thank you.

Wow, that sample postbit of huge avatar gave me pause. It probably works on gaming sites but there is way to much empty space between posts due to the avatar's size.

Wow, that sample postbit of huge avatar gave me pause. It probably works on gaming sites but there is way to much empty space between posts due to the avatar's size.

If you remove the padding and make the avatar size 124x124, you get a larger avatar that doesn't take up any more space.

Pretty simple: 1 template edit, 2 style property edits

Template: message_user_info, look for:
Code:
<div class="avatarHolder">
<span class="helper"></span>
<xen:avatar user="$user" size="m" />
<!-- slot: message_user_info_avatar -->
</div>

You can get "L" avatar with 192px width ("m" is 96px width). If you want a smaller avatar, you can use css to resize the image later. Change the size of <xen:avatar /> to "L", so it looks like below:
Code:
<div class="avatarHolder">
<span class="helper"></span>
<xen:avatar user="$user" size="L" />
<!-- slot: message_user_info_avatar -->
</div>

Go to Style Properties > Message Layout > User Info Container put 220px into Width.

Go to Style Properties > Message Layout > Content Container put 236px into Left under Margin (see screenshot).

Done :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-12-07 at 8.28.07 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2011-12-07 at 8.28.07 PM.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 985
Top Bottom