However, I've identified a list of small and painful things that it doesn't look like Xenforo does out of the box. Does anyone know of mods that address these gaps, or easy ways to do it myself? Or if I'm just missing something?
-Eliminate avatars (without just leaving question marks everywhere). This is a really big deal for a serious board. All I found were pointers to places that have avatar related code, and general suggestions of how to hack in something else.
- Post edit history. I found one mod that does it but adds a bunch of new stuff to your entire post database (rather than creating a separate table for post history). Too big a change.
- Cookie based sockpuppet detector. I use one of these on VB3 and it's a really important tool. I found one here but it is obsolete and not maintained.
- No mass operations on threads (i.e. checkboxes to select threads, then move/delete them). When this is useful it's really really useful.
- Can't edit thread titles. Members are really used to being able to do this.
- Can't find a mod to throttle the number of posts a usergroup can make in a specific forum over time.
- QUESTION: Can I control which forums add to post count? I want to promote users who post to certain forums.
- QUESTION: Can user signups be moderated (to check for obvious spammers) by mods who don't have administrator privileges? This is a grunt work task that needs to be farmed out to a bunch of people.
- QUESTION: Can mods/admins see the poster's IP in the postbit and search for duplicate IPs?
- QUESTION: Are there any good pointers to sharing Xenforo's authentication with other apps? I need shared authentication with a wiki.
Thanks for any help!
I really want to migrate to Xenforo but I need to resolve at least some of the above questions/issues. Otherwise it will be too painful and I'll try to wait for 1.2 (who knows how long...) in hopes some of them will be addressed by the Xenforo team.