Implemented Please, please, for the love of Pete, bring back lists/bullet points.

Holly Lisle

You still have the LIST dropdown on your forum, so you must realize they have a purpose:
  • Like enumerating issues
  • Or explaining steps to a process
  • Or listing why you're pissed off that someone broke your software
I teach on my forum.

I need to use bullet points/lists, with indents and outdents, and numbers from time to time.

And all of those are gone for me.

This is what I have instead.
I'm on the most current version of the software, and it is a serious step back from what you previously had.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
In the context of a forum, as HTML is not permitted in posts, the workaround is to create something called BB Code.

That allows the standard HTML list syntax to be implemented using [LIST][*][/LIST].

If you weren't already aware, there's a full list of standard bb codes here: https://xenforo.com/community/help/bb-codes/

In the context of a forum, as HTML is not permitted in posts, the workaround is to create something called BB Code.

That allows the standard HTML list syntax to be implemented using [LIST][*][/LIST].

If you weren't already aware, there's a full list of standard bb codes here: https://xenforo.com/community/help/bb-codes/
Thank you. Prior to the version I'm using now, the list feature was automatically included in the post task bar. I didn't realize that in the current version, the task bar is configurable.

We've been moving a whole lotta folks from dying hand-built (and unsupported) classroom software to a Wordpress plugin software that allows us to do about the same thing... but there's a lunatic learning curve on it, and I thought I already knew Xenforo inside and out.

Not so much, as it turns out. :D

Thank you. Prior to the version I'm using now, the list feature was automatically included in the post task bar.
I had to add it too. Had a user ask where it was. Went in to the acp and it was an option below the editor to add. But in my other XF it is there already. 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom