Bi-lingual forum

yoga1

Hello
Does anyone have any suggestions or good examples of Xenforo sites that are bilingual? I want to have both English and Chinese but I am not sure how this would work? Is it better to just create 2 separate sites instead of trying to combine them?

Hello
Does anyone have any suggestions or good examples of Xenforo sites that are bilingual? I want to have both English and Chinese but I am not sure how this would work? Is it better to just create 2 separate sites instead of trying to combine them?
That would require two separate licenses.

I don't know if anyone has yet created a translation pack for Chinese (and also aren't there more than one languages in use in China?), but you can add language packs and this gives your members the option to choose what language they want in their account settings.

Note that you may also need to change some phrases, for example as used in addons or for some aspects of the AdminCP page(s), for your second language. The default is US English for most of these things but generally adding other languages isn't difficult.

You could have two languages on the same site one is English and the other one is Chinese however, content that is written in English will not be translated. You could add Google translate plugin to your site if you want.

You could have two languages on the same site one is English and the other one is Chinese however, content that is written in English will not be translated. You could add Google translate plugin to your site if you want.
Is there a Xenforo addon that does that? That would be cool if so.

Is there a Xenforo addon that does that? That would be cool if so.

I have not tried it myself but I have seen some xenforo websites use google translate plugin.

It should be easy to implement

Ah okay. I use Firefox as my default browser and I have a Firefox extension with a button that does that.

But an addon that would do that specifically and automatically for all XF content to conform to the user's language choice would be awesome.

and also aren't there more than one languages in use in China?
All the Chinese languages use the same writing system, but there are two versions of it. Simplified was developed in the PRC and is the main system there, though I assume Hong Kong and Macau are probably adopting it as they are integrated more into the PRC. Traditional, the original system, is still used in various overseas communities. My wife (grew up in China in the sixties) can read both due to her generation but mainly uses simplified.

Top Bottom