Beyond Forum Threads: blog posts and articles

Will Franco

I want users to publish blog posts and articles. More accurately, user-managed content.

For example, Bob's an expert on Apples. He's written a 7-part series of articles. He wants to share the content with the community. The content is evergreen. Bob plans to refresh the content frequently.

The articles don't belong in a thread. They could be turned into a resource. However, that would be cumbersome.

How do I give Bob the ability to publish the 7-part series + street credibility similar to a resource?

I want users to publish blog posts and articles. More accurately, user-managed content.

For example, Bob's an expert on Apples. He's written a 7-part series of articles. He wants to share the content with the community. The content is evergreen. Bob plans to refresh the content frequently.

The articles don't belong in a thread. They could be turned into a resource. However, that would be cumbersome.

How do I give Bob the ability to publish the 7-part series + street credibility similar to a resource?
We did this for a member's cancer journey blog. Created an article forum dedicated to the subject with only her having the right to start threads (but others could reply to comment). However, she had a large number of posts that she was bringing over from other social media. Might be a bit much for a seven parter. Link is in my sig if you want a look.

The challenge, we have lots of Bob's that want to publish content.
Yeah, I think in that case you might want to look at the suggestions below you. I haven't looked at Bob's blog add-on, but I trialed Article Management System for a site proposal I made in the summer (that didn't pan out) and was quite impressed. I was going to use it for a fiction publishing website but it is loaded with features that could be used for any type of writing content.

Top Bottom