Duplicate Better Facebook Integration

x_Stricken_x

In my opinion, if you're logged in/signed up with Facebook (as I am), it should be so once you login you don't get redirected to a login page *EVERY* time you visit the site after a little bit. Even if it's 5-10 minutes, it still redirects with the "Logging you in" message. I assume there has to be a way to make login "sessions" longer so if you don't visit for say even a few hours, it won't need to log you in the next time you visit. But someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I think it would be cool if we could update our avatar with our Facebook picture. Say for example there's a button saying "Link with Facebook picture", and it would change your avatar to your current Facebook profile picture. Some people wouldn't like this, but for people like me who (usually) only login/register to sites/forums with Facebook, it could be useful.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The first issue you post about would seem to be a local problem to you as I am able to log in with Facebook and stay logged in.

The second point has already been suggested.

The first issue you post about would seem to be a local problem to you as I am able to log in with Facebook and stay logged in
But do you have to click the button? I haven't clicked it since I registered on here with Facebook. So theoretically, it's working and I don't have to "login" (i.e. press a button, enter anything) - but when I visit the site it says "Logging you in.." I'll try clearing my cache and cookies, but I doubt it'll work

Oh I see, it's when you've been away from the site for some time and return.

That's normal behaviour when using the Facebook login.

Oh I see, it's when you've been away from the site for some time and return.

That's normal behaviour when using the Facebook login.
Isn't there a way to do it before the page is rendered though? Just to save time and resources (though I doubt it uses that much) Just a suggestion for the future :)

Isn't there a way to do it before the page is rendered though? Just to save time and resources (though I doubt it uses that much) Just a suggestion for the future :)
No. It relies on you loading the Facebook JS and Facebook telling us that you're logged in (so we can log you in).

No. It relies on you loading the Facebook JS and Facebook telling us that you're logged in (so we can log you in).
Fair enough. Could it maybe have something to do with the "keep me logged in" box not being checked? There has to be a way for it to not show the message every visit.

Top Bottom