Better customer verification tokens

Everytime you click that link, it will open an overlay to show you the last generated token.

It will show you the same token every time, until such time as you re-generate it clicking the regenerate token button.
Clicking that link does bring up a new token. Clicking it again, brings up a new token. Keep clicking it and eventually it will report.

Then theres something wrong with your PC. This is not the intended behavior, nor is it a behavior that happens on any of my 4 machines, on IE, Firefox, or Chrome.
I'll bite.

How would my computer bring up a repeated token from XenForo.com services, that can be used?

Then theres something wrong with your PC. This is not the intended behavior, nor is it a behavior that happens on any of my 4 machines, on IE, Firefox, or Chrome.

Agreed. I just tested it and the same token appears when I click the link. I regenerated the token and tested again. Same token appears.

There's nothing to validate. You claimed clicking the link generated a new token each time.

I'll bite.

How would my computer bring up a repeated token from XenForo.com services, that can be used?

The only thing I could suggest is your caching settings mean after you re-generate a token, then re-open the overlay, it is showing you a cached version of the overlay.

However, that "cached" token shown to you will not work from the moment you click the regenerate button.

The only thing I could suggest is your caching settings mean after you re-generate a token, then re-open the overlay, it is showing you a cached version of the overlay.

However, that "cached" token shown to you will not work from the moment you click the regenerate button.
Clicking on the "generate token" took a while to get a repeat, but when I did it was valid

So .... I don't know.... You're call.

Untitled.webp

Clicking on the "generate token" took a while to get a repeat, but when I did it was valid

So .... I don't know.... You're call.

Then you should buy a lottery ticket for tonight, you must be be the luckiest person on XenForo to re-generate the same token multiple times against the 1 in however many hundreds of trillions of combinations there are available.

Then you should buy a lottery ticket for tonight, you must be be the luckiest person on XenForo to re-generate the same token multiple times against the 1 in however many hundreds of trillions of combinations there are available.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LMAO

You have a good sense of humor Slavik. Don't let anyone tell you different. :)

Doing the method described in my original post is not good because it can lead to a hash extension attack, so disregard it completely.
Though I still believe a better method could be used to verify customers which does not put customers at the risk of impersonation.