Better Blogs [Deleted]

@Rigel Kentaurus
I have gone through this thread, fetched all bugs reported after October 5th (1.0.33 release) and posted 15 bugs in your bug reports forum here: http://xfaddons.com/forums/bug-reports.17/
If there are open bug reports before that time, then those have not been filed at your site.

Display new blogs on 'new posts' has been requested a very large number of times.
That's incredibly thorough, thanks a lot.
I was starting the same exercise myself yesterday, guess I don't need to anymore.

I've been working on the 1.3 compatibility of the add-ons, and I'll get those bugs fixed next

Is there a roadmap for planned development of new features? I am interested in buying this but want to see where it is headed.

Is there a roadmap for planned development of new features? I am interested in buying this but want to see where it is headed.
I would recommend buying it for what it is, not buying it for what it will become
I make absolutely no promises about future development and I don't want anyone to get frustrated when their feature doesn't come.

Actually, I encourage people that, if they need something badly, hire a developer to code the feature for you, I really don't care about other people modifying the add-on as long as they don't attempt to redistribute it.

^ No offense meant but that doesn't exactly give the impression that Better Blogs has a bright future. I understand that you do not want to make promises you will not keep. But if you want customers to buy your blog then they will need a solid blog solution with a solid future. Better Blogs is a very nice blog addon, but its also true that some of the basic customer requirements for a xenforo blog system still need to be filled.
Customers do not only buy software because they need it, but also because they think they will still use it in a year or two.
I'd rather use something which is less advanced now, but has a solid future, than using something which is great now, but has little future. Because the latter implies that I will need to migrate later.

Last edited:
^ No offense meant but that doesn't exactly give the impression that Better Blogs has a bright future. I understand that you do not want to make promises you will not keep. But if you want customers to buy your blog then they will need a solid blog solution with a solid future. Better Blogs is a very nice blog addon, but its also true that some of the basic customer requirements for a xenforo blog system still need to be filled.
Customers do not only buy software because they need it, but also because they think they will still use it in a year or two.
I'd rather use something which is less advanced now, but has a solid future, than using something which is great now, but has little future. Because the latter implies that I will need to migrate later.

It will be around in a year or two. Even if the XenForo guys came up with their own blog add-on I would evaluate retro-fitting this one and extending the official one or just getting feature parity. I use it on my own site, it's not like I can just abandon it. :)

So the scheduled block post, never does seem to work.

February 11, 2014
Time: 0:00:01

And yet it is now

February 11, 2014
Time: 01:02:50

Still nothing......

So the scheduled block post, never does seem to work.

February 11, 2014
Time: 0:00:01

And yet it is now

February 11, 2014
Time: 01:02:50

Still nothing......
It's a cron job. I don't recall if it runs every 5 minutes or every 15 minutes. It will be published with that timestamp but not exactly at that time.

Potentially I could migrate that to the new delegated future tasks that were introduced in XF 1.2 and it would be published at that exact time. But right now it's a cron job. It has to be published in less than 15 minutes after that time is set, though. Try looking at your scheduled tasks / cron job to see when it was last run.

yes. the count is a bug. You may also want to edit the "edit" and "delete" buttons from the "customize blog"'s category editing feature. It shows up as a button in some skins, rather than a link, which looks awful. You may want to make it a static link instead of relying on skin info.

Hello Rigel, I sent you an email and started a conversation with you on your site along with my paypal email address one week ago and I am still unable to download the new version.

I need to get this done, thanks.

Hello Rigel, I sent you an email and started a conversation with you on your site along with my paypal email address one week ago and I am still unable to download the new version.

I need to get this done, thanks.
Sorry about that. I definitely need to automate this process.
You should have access now.

1. My community is running 1.1 and LN Blogs
2. On 22 Feb, I upgrade to 1.3

How would you import existing LN blogs? Install better blogs at 1.1, import, then upgrade to 1.3? Or upgrade to 1.3, install better blogs, and run the importer?

Really need to make it so when a user is deleted, their blog remains.

This is how it is with the forums... ie... X user is removed, but that doesn't mean all their threads and post or replies get removed. Would very much like the same with the blogs.

Top Bottom