XF 2.3 Beta7 upgrade failed twice

D33_UK

Initially it failed with the same error reported for beta 4. I executed the SQL advised in the thread and ran install again. I was prompted to to do a Master Rebuild and this time got the following error:

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'has_variations' in 'field list' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 230
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 198
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 40
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 56
  4. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 96
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 323
  6. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->update() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1563
  7. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1290
  8. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/AddOn/DataType/StyleProperty.php at line 101
  9. XF\AddOn\DataType\StyleProperty->importAddOnData() in src/XF/Job/AddOnData.php at line 110
  10. XF\Job\AddOnData->run() in src/XF/Job/Atomic.php at line 40
  11. XF\Job\Atomic->run() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 272
  12. XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 202
  13. XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 153
  14. XF\Job\Manager->runUnique() in src/XF/Install/Controller/AbstractController.php at line 24
  15. XF\Install\Controller\AbstractController->manualJobRunner() in src/XF/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 267
  16. XF\Install\Controller\Upgrade->actionRunJob() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
  17. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 258
  18. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
  19. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
  20. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2604
  21. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 533
  22. XF::runApp() in install/index.php at line 14

If I try to enter the site I get the following error:

Fatal error: Declaration of KL\EditorManager\XF\Str\Formatter::replaceSmiliesHtml($text) must be compatible with XF\Str\Formatter::replaceSmiliesHtml(string $text, string $format = 'default'): string in /home/sixcrazydev/public_html_live/src/addons/KL/EditorManager/XF/Str/Formatter.php on line 51

If I try to enter the site I get the following error:

Fatal error: Declaration of KL\EditorManager\XF\Str\Formatter::replaceSmiliesHtml($text) must be compatible with XF\Str\Formatter::replaceSmiliesHtml(string $text, string $format = 'default'): string in /home/sixcrazydev/public_html_live/src/addons/KL/EditorManager/XF/Str/Formatter.php on line 51
That looks like an addon thats causing issue : https://xenforo.com/community/resources/editor-bb-code-manager.5657/

I would try and disable/uninstall the addon and see if that helps

That looks like an addon thats causing issue : https://xenforo.com/community/resources/editor-bb-code-manager.5657/

I would try and disable/uninstall the addon and see if that helps
If I turn all add-ons off by adding $config['enableListeners'] = false; into config.php I get no difference in the install script (see original post) but the site does give a different error

public:PAGE_CONTAINER - MySQL statement prepare error [1146]: Table 'sixcrazydb.xf_icon_usage' doesn't exist in /home/sixcrazydev/public_html_live/src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:230

Which presumably is just because the upgrade failed

That add-on is unmaintained so migrating to 2.3 is not an option. You should look for an alternative that is maintained (and has or will receive 2.3 compatibility).

Ok - restored the db and file structure, removed the add-on above and re-ran the install. All went well

I have 6 templates that need merging and one server error logged. I can navigate the ACP no problem

opening the home page works but I cannot navigate using any links. All say "The requested URL was not found on this server."

I guess I should start a new thread since the upgrade seems to have worked

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom