Beta 4 -> Beta 5

HoddzDJ

I have downloaded Beta 5, uploaded it, and installed it as instructed. But I'm back to Beta 4. Has someone uploaded the wrong files?

I have done this twice, to make sure it's not me uploading the old package, but it's definitely the Beta 5 I am uploading!!

I've done 1 upgrade and 1 new install and they're both Beta 5.

Are you able to run the upgrade?
You won't be able to if the versions are the same.

You can check by browsing to /install/index.php?upgrade/

Did you overwrite the beta4 files with beta5? That's what you need to do. The new files need to be uploaded on top of the old files, overwriting the old files.

Can you download and unzip the package and check line 133 of upload\install\data\phrases.xml ?

It should list 1.0.0 Beta 5 as the version string.

If that's correct then just upload and overwrite as Jake posted above.

Can you download and unzip the package and check line 133 of upload\install\data\phrases.xml ?

It should list 1.0.0 Beta 5 as the version string.

If that's correct then just upload and overwrite as Jake posted above.
I don't have an install folder. All I have is a library folder and also some root files aswell. I will download the files again from the Customer page.

Right, all uploaded now. But I get this error when I navigate to the ./install/ directory...

Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_Dependencies_Install' not found in /home/restless/public_html/install/index.php on line 16

It seems the files haven't all been fully uploaded.
What FTP program are you using?
Did you encounter any issues when uploading the files?

I used Cute FTP, and I did have three files that didn't upload. But after everything else did I uploaded the other three files manually, all of the three then uploaded fine. After that I ran the address and I got that.

Beta 5 is running. Sorted!! Next time I know to check everything, haha!! Maybe I'll even venture into uploading the .zip archive up and extracting it, that way I know for sure it's all gone on properly.

Brogan, you are a star so thanks for your help tonight!! Now I'm gonna hit the sack, got work tomorrow and I'm gonna wanna hunt round on xF to see what's new and I'll never stop looking, haha!!

Top Bottom