1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beta 4 -> Beta 5

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by HoddzDJ, Dec 13, 2010.

1. HoddzDJ

HoddzDJ Active Member

I have downloaded Beta 5, uploaded it, and installed it as instructed. But I'm back to Beta 4. Has someone uploaded the wrong files?

I have done this twice, to make sure it's not me uploading the old package, but it's definitely the Beta 5 I am uploading!!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I've done 1 upgrade and 1 new install and they're both Beta 5.

Are you able to run the upgrade?
    You won't be able to if the versions are the same.

You can check by browsing to /install/index.php?upgrade/

3. HoddzDJ

HoddzDJ Active Member

I get this text...

No Upgrade Available

You are already running the current version (1.0.0 Beta 4). To do a fresh install, click here.

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Did you overwrite the beta4 files with beta5? That's what you need to do. The new files need to be uploaded on top of the old files, overwriting the old files.

5. Brogan

Can you download and unzip the package and check line 133 of upload\install\data\phrases.xml ?

It should list 1.0.0 Beta 5 as the version string.

If that's correct then just upload and overwrite as Jake posted above.

6. HoddzDJ

HoddzDJ Active Member

I don't have an install folder. All I have is a library folder and also some root files aswell. I will download the files again from the Customer page.

7. HoddzDJ

HoddzDJ Active Member

Right, I have the install folder now. Gonna extract it and then upload. Hopefully that is what the problem was.

8. Brogan

Make sure you download the upgrade package so you don't overwrite your data and internal_data folders.

9. HoddzDJ

HoddzDJ Active Member

Right, all uploaded now. But I get this error when I navigate to the ./install/ directory...

Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_Dependencies_Install' not found in /home/restless/public_html/install/index.php on line 16

10. Brogan

It seems the files haven't all been fully uploaded.
    What FTP program are you using?
    Did you encounter any issues when uploading the files?

11. HoddzDJ

HoddzDJ Active Member

I used Cute FTP, and I did have three files that didn't upload. But after everything else did I uploaded the other three files manually, all of the three then uploaded fine. After that I ran the address and I got that.

12. Brogan

It looks like you've got either missing or corrupted files.

All I can suggest is you re-upload the package and try again.

13. HoddzDJ

HoddzDJ Active Member

Ah I think that's what it needs. Takes ages to upload the Zend Framework though, but I guess it has to be done.

14. Brogan

If you have shell access you can upload the zip file and unzip it directly over the existing files.

15. HoddzDJ

HoddzDJ Active Member

I could probably do that, but I wouldn't know where to upload it to then extract it so it over-writes the files. If you know what I mean?

16. HoddzDJ

HoddzDJ Active Member

Finally managed to get to the Upgrade system, fingers crossed it goes all the way through without any errors =]

17. Brogan

With a bit of luck you'll be posting back in about 5 minutes or so saying you're at Beta 5 :)

18. HoddzDJ

HoddzDJ Active Member

Beta 5 is running. Sorted!! Next time I know to check everything, haha!! Maybe I'll even venture into uploading the .zip archive up and extracting it, that way I know for sure it's all gone on properly.

Brogan, you are a star so thanks for your help tonight!! Now I'm gonna hit the sack, got work tomorrow and I'm gonna wanna hunt round on xF to see what's new and I'll never stop looking, haha!!