Best Xenforo Themes or Custom that doesnt look like 5+ years old?

surfsup

Lets face it, literally all the Xenforo themes still have such an old look to them and nothing has really changed in the past 5-10 years from theme wise - its still the same layouts. So that being said, who here knows or have done something amazing where it looks very modern and unique from all the other xenforo themes out there?

I had an idea to launch these little "Pixel Exit Experiences", it would essentially take one of our styles and heavily customize a XenForo installation diverting far from a traditional forum look using add-ons, custom template edits unique to that site, and custom widgets. One potential problem with that would be countless support items saying "well your PE Experience can do this, why can't this style". Another problem, I just haven't had the time :D.

It would be hard to release such a unique style some might seek to an extent. We can't export template mods, widgets, phrases, and other configurations so it's a little limited. I can code a style to look like anything, but having certain functionality might require an add-on to change how XenForo works. Our framework allows for quite the custom changes to each style to make them all look rather unique from one another. Bolt is a good example: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/sneak-peek-at-some-new-styles.185580/#post-1471383

All that being said, a good majority of my custom jobs are simply recreating old forum designs because owners are happy with them and their users enjoy it. You flip the design from a traditional vb3 look to something like Reddit, you'll more than likely bring out the pitchforks.

New to XF, but not new to forums or servers, tried a couple of themes to play with, pretty pants, just purchased Bolt - Awesome theme will be sticking with this one - obviously reading your posts here a great theme developer with great themes

New to XF, but not new to forums or servers, tried a couple of themes to play with, pretty pants, just purchased Bolt - Awesome theme will be sticking with this one - obviously reading your posts here a great theme developer with great themes
I've been VERY impressed with Bolt.. in fact, it's now the current default style on my site (moved from Blackened Pro).
Both have been slightly tweaked.

Top Bottom