Best XenForo Site Evar?! 8WAYRUN.COM

You got a nice looking forum there. The light combination mixed with the blue is very modern and pleasing to the eye. And it fits nicely with the background image.

Your homepage is balanced (left and right column near the same length), and informative. I like that.
However, I feel that the background image is too "busy". It detracts my eye from the info on the homepage.
Don't get me wrong, I like the use of the background, but feel that it would look better if the image was either lighter, or plainer.

Again, please change that blasted orange category strip on the flexile light skin. It doesn't match, doesn't even look good.
And those horrid speech bubbles again (sorry Erik). Find something more professional, or at least nicer-looking.

Other than that, I like your site, alot.

You think this is better?
View attachment 15433
Yea man looks better like that

The title on the forum pages "8WayRun.Com - SoulCalibur Community" I would remove that just looks silly imo
The facebook like and tweet button the home page I would move them from within the news-blocks.
Not a fan of you background but if you like it than all's well :)
Other than that is the Flexile skin which is cool.

You think this is better?
View attachment 15433

Did you just adjust the opacity of the navtabs? The point I was making is that it's clashing being embedded behind the tabs, and still is. You could easily re-design the logo scaling it down (it'll probably look a lot neater) and upping the height behind it so that the imagery is in no way touching, behind the tabs whatsoever offering up a much cleaner look.

I personally don't like what you've done with the flexille style because I feel you've wasted (at a visual stance) what your add-ons can look like. I suppose considering your coding background, if the same kind of care was taking to the design/look and making some touches to the css you would indeed have a great looking site to match those nice add-ons which would be highlighted in their full glory.

The logo is one aspect I touched upon, there's a lot of other small issues with colour inconsistencies that could do with being addressed. I'm not not knocking your site, I just feel you could do so much more with it.

Edit: I remember you saying once you work alone but this is a prime example where coder/designer working along side one another collaborating would seriously produce great results.

I personally don't like what you've done with the flexille style because I feel you've wasted (at a visual stance) what your add-ons can look like. I suppose considering your coding background, if the same kind of care was taking to the design/look and making some touches to the css you would indeed have a great looking site to match those nice add-ons which would be highlighted in their full glory.
I dont understand... what do you mean here? My mods aren't programmed for Flexile specifically, they work with any skin, and are designed to copy the look and feel of the website as much as possible. Some people use my mods without Flexile and they still look good.

For instance:
http://shoryuken.com/forum/media/
http://shoryuken.com/forum/events/monthly

At the risk of inflating your ego even further, you have a really good forum there. It's a nice style, good colours, very clear and easy on the eye :)

Hmm,

A few small pieces of feedback. The block titles and the new item titles fonts need to be brough in line with the other titles and headings. It would make the transition between the portal and the forums more cohesive. The way the news titles on the portal look should probably look more like the forum names or something. Not that it's bad, just that the change between fonts on the news items on the portal and the forum fonts just jumped out at me.

test.webp

Delete my post, do not know why :(

I'll get back to 8wayrun.com in my opinion is one of the best forums I have ever seen, and Jaxel is to be congratulated for forum mods and I will be buying my xenforo this week, if possible would like your help (Jaxel) in creating a forum mmorpg and games(y).

Just to clarify I am not pulling the bag, but 8wayrun is the best *.*:rolleyes:

I'd give more room to your logo. It is your site's name, I don't think you should have links/navigators kinda blocking it off like that.

Top Bottom