Best XenForo Site Evar?! 8WAYRUN.COM

New custom backgrounds! These backgrounds are similar to the character headers we have. When you load up the site, a random image is selected as your background. This background is then cached for up to 7 days, after which you will receive a new background.

Right now, there are four RANDOM backgrounds available:

0.webp 1.webp 2.webp 21.webp

However, if you go into your preferences, you can FORCE the background you wish to display. In fact, in addition to the four random backgrounds I already posted, there are almost 30 other backgrounds you can chose from as well. Below are just a few examples...

8WAYRUN.webp

21.webp 3.webp 4.webp 7.webp 6.webp 9.webp 8.webp 10.webp

New custom backgrounds! These backgrounds are similar to the character headers we have. When you load up the site, a random image is selected as your background. This background is then cached for up to 7 days, after which you will receive a new background.

Right now, there are four RANDOM backgrounds available:

View attachment 55680 View attachment 55681 View attachment 55682 View attachment 55693

However, if you go into your preferences, you can FORCE the background you wish to display. In fact, in addition to the four random backgrounds I already posted, there are almost 30 other backgrounds you can chose from as well. Below are just a few examples...

View attachment 55692

View attachment 55693 View attachment 55694 View attachment 55695 View attachment 55696 View attachment 55697 View attachment 55698 View attachment 55699 View attachment 55700
Nice! Trying to do something similar but not sure if I would want the user selecting one. Will probably keep mine random for all.

Overall, love your site's design and implementation of your own addons. Really shows xenforo in a good light.

steps for implementing this?

Nice forum Jaxel,
But how did you limit the width of your forum (looks around ~1000 pixels) and still keep the "responsive design" aspect of XF 1.2 ?
(XF requires forums to NOT put in a maximum width value for responsive design to work e.g. on mobiles etc.)

Ah, thanks Brogan!
I will put in 1024 pixels for max-width, like I had with my XF 1.1. forum.
Is it just me? I don't like forums which go full width. Here is a screen shot of XF.com on my 15" MacBookPro. It's worse on my 22" wide screen.
I don't like all that white space between the thread title and the latest post. I am probably being very picky! xf_whitespace.webp

I finally upgraded 8wayrun.com to XenForo 2!

After spending close to $300 having all manner of people making custom skins and what-not... and ending up not liking pretty much any of them... I decided to just stick with the old classic. I've also redone how I did my old "Ultimate Random Header" modification to get a more "powerful" header/logo area.

https://8wayrun.com

Top Bottom