1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to work with DatePicker?

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Fuhrmann, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Fuhrmann

Fuhrmann Well-Known Member

What is the best way to work with date of the DatePicker?
    I am trying to make possible to define a specific date when we set the "Close This Poll at". Just a date, not time.

I have a DatePicker and I filter the value of it this way:

'close_date' => XenForo_Input::DATE_TIME
    If I pick a date like 2011-11-10 in the DatePicker, it gives me, when filtering, this value: 1320883200.

That's ok until I go editing a poll and it give me this:

Close this poll on Jan 1, 1970 at 1:33 AM

Because it uses the {xen:datetime $poll.close_date, absolute} in the template, to get the close date.
    Do I have to change the XenForo_Input type or I have to change the {xen:datetime}?

To show the date to the user, it works with this:

$poll['close_date'] = ($poll['close_date'] != XenForo_Locale::date($poll['close_date'], 'picker') : '');
    But since the close_date it is managed by a XenForo template, and it uses the {xen:datetime} I do not want to change the way the close date it is displayed. Maybe changing the way the close_date it is write to the database...

Still can not figure how to solve this.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Fuhrmann

Fuhrmann Well-Known Member

Bumping to see if anyone can help.
  3. LiquidPro

LiquidPro Active Member

You could look at the XenForo_Visitor object to get the user's language and their date display format?

$visitor XenForo_Visitor::getInstance();
    $language $visitor->getLanguage();
    $closeDate date($language['date_format'], $poll.close_date);
    1 person likes this.