Best way to remotely create new threads?

RickM

Hi all,

I'm looking for a few suggestions.

My site runs PyroCMS and I'm planning on making a custom addon for it and xenforo.

Basically what I need to be able to do is make it so that when I post a new blog/news post on my pyrocms powered site, it will then create a new thread on the forums, quoting the blog/news post with a link back to it. Then the 'comments' button on the blog/news post will take you to the xenforo thread.

I did a quick scout around the forums and resources section but wasnt able to find anything to base the idea on.

The best way I can think of doing it is to have a xenforo addon with a function that takes a post from the pyrocms database and creates a thread based on its ID. The only issue there is making it do it automatically when the news post is made.

Another thought was to not have a xenforo module at all, and have pyrocms basically inserting directly into the xenforo posts table, but that just seemed open to major issues down the line.

I dont suppose anyone has any other ideas for how to go about doing something like this?

I'll be releasing it as a free addon once I've got it done.

Thanks,

Rick

Top Bottom