1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to remotely create new threads?

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by RickM, Mar 13, 2012.

1. RickM

RickM Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I'm looking for a few suggestions.

My site runs PyroCMS and I'm planning on making a custom addon for it and xenforo.

Basically what I need to be able to do is make it so that when I post a new blog/news post on my pyrocms powered site, it will then create a new thread on the forums, quoting the blog/news post with a link back to it. Then the 'comments' button on the blog/news post will take you to the xenforo thread.

I did a quick scout around the forums and resources section but wasnt able to find anything to base the idea on.

The best way I can think of doing it is to have a xenforo addon with a function that takes a post from the pyrocms database and creates a thread based on its ID. The only issue there is making it do it automatically when the news post is made.

Another thought was to not have a xenforo module at all, and have pyrocms basically inserting directly into the xenforo posts table, but that just seemed open to major issues down the line.

I dont suppose anyone has any other ideas for how to go about doing something like this?

I'll be releasing it as a free addon once I've got it done.

Thanks,

Rick

2. RickM

RickM Well-Known Member

Nobody? :(