Best way to go from SMF to XenForo?

MichaelCS

Greetings!

What is the easiest way to go from SMF 2.0.8 to XenForo 1.4? I've read that nobody has really made a conversion tool for SMF to XenForo; at least nothing that is current.

Is there a three step process? Convert the database from SMF to something else and then something else to XenForo? What are the chances of complete success? What all gets broken during a migration like this etc? I have a 5000 member site with 50k posts so would love to not have to press "Reset" if at all possible.

Regards,
Michael

Greetings!

What is the easiest way to go from SMF 2.0.8 to XenForo 1.4? I've read that nobody has really made a conversion tool for SMF to XenForo; at least nothing that is current.

Is there a three step process? Convert the database from SMF to something else and then something else to XenForo? What are the chances of complete success? What all gets broken during a migration like this etc? I have a 5000 member site with 50k posts so would love to not have to press "Reset" if at all possible.

Regards,
Michael

That would be the best way. i.e. convert first to a third party and then back to xeforo. The things that you might loose are stuff like passwords for example, but you can send your users a mass email and ask them to reset their passwords.

RoldanLT gave me a fast response price quote that is totally reasonable for a forum our size so I am presenting this to my paid member base to see if they want to convert over and enjoy all the benefits that come with a premium platform like XenForo. Should have answers soon.

RoldanLT gave me a fast response price quote that is totally reasonable for a forum our size so I am presenting this to my paid member base to see if they want to convert over and enjoy all the benefits that come with a premium platform like XenForo. Should have answers soon.
We can convert your forum as well.

Top Bottom