Best way to generate members?

Hey Everyone,
I was wondering what the best way to generate members is? I know that the forum has to have good content, which my forum is getting there.

Other than that, is there anything else I can do to generate members?

I'm also trying to come up with contests in hopes that it will encourage people to signup and post.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks!

If you want to check out the forum so far the link is in my signature below.

The best way you already stated is good unique content. Another way is by advertising getting the word out there about your site by any means such as social media, word of mouth, etc.

I've been trying to do it word of mouth. Within my circle of friends I'm really the only one interested in this topic. lol So I'm going to be taking it to Social networking. Should I create a Facebook page dedicated to it, or some other form of social networking?

I created a FB page for my new site and invited all my friends but at the same time all they usually do is like your FB page and that's all you get. What you can do in that case is get the [bd] social share addon and have it set to auto post new threads and stuff to your FB page and eventually those people might actually go to the actual site and end up registering. That's what I am doing now.

Awesome! I'll have to look into that add-on! That sounds like a great idea! Thank you!

Not a problem. It posts a little snippet on FB and if someone wants to read the rest they have to come to your site. It will also post to Twitter as well. Wish it would do Google+ as well.

I've been trying to do it word of mouth. Within my circle of friends I'm really the only one interested in this topic. lol So I'm going to be taking it to Social networking. Should I create a Facebook page dedicated to it, or some other form of social networking?
Definitely a Facebook page dedicated to it. You can have a FB account, then make a page for your site. I've been doing this for all of my sites.

Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, whatever...

I wasn't aware that facebook could post automaticlly. I always thought user had to accept permission. I guess its different for groups?

One thing I have noticed is that people using social networks are very seldom intrested in forums so even though I do use them they don't seem to help in the least.

One thing I have noticed is that people using social networks are very seldom intrested in forums so even though I do use them they don't seem to help in the least.
I agree, I've spent hundreds in advertising on social media and the returns are absolutely depressing.

I have found that word of mouth is a great way to do this. Plug your forum any where you can without spamming of course.

The best way is to be able to get a small group of members together that are active and let that start the ball rolling. The problem here is very few people want to be that small group as most just want to walk into a fully functioning forum without having to put much effort into it themselves.

Oh and PS - I have a struggling photographic forum if anyone is into it http://www.photographtalk.com/ :D

Yes.

Same, user/admin who setup the options must accept/authenticate first.

How's that work exactly? Say the admin wanted to post topics automaticly to fan group. Does it do this without requiring the "post" thing that pops up from facebook? Ive seen games that post stuff to facebook but you still have to click "Accept or Post" or whatever it is before it posts.

How's that work exactly? Say the admin wanted to post topics automaticly to fan group. Does it do this without requiring the "post" thing that pops up from facebook? Ive seen games that post stuff to facebook but you still have to click "Accept or Post" or whatever it is before it posts.
On admin options, you only need to accept once.

Reactions: 1im
FYI, Twitterfeed.com will take your forum's RSS feed(s) and post them to facebook and twitter at scheduled times. It supports fb pages too.

Reactions: 1im
Top Bottom