Best, simplest Anti-spam tool I have found

I would like to see you continue it for a while at least, until we can be sure the built in anti-spam actually works as yours has been brilliant for me!

But I understand if it costs you to offer the service, or if it takes up time, that you would want to EOL it.

Up to you of course :)

Whatever you decide, I thank you again for the brilliant offering, it saved me a huge amount of headache and annoyance!!!

Thanks Kim. It doesn't really cost me anything to run, so I'm happy to leave it in place for a little while - but I'd strongly advise that people do properly test the built in functionality (by disabling our addon for a time, to see if there is a noticeable increase in spam registrations.)

The DNSBL that is integrated in the latest XenForo release pretty much negates the need to use the StopForumSpam part of our service, which leaves two primary other parts: CloudFlare and Block 8's own database. The CloudFlare part could, obviously, be replaced by just using CloudFlare on a given site, and I don't know how much Block 8's own technology is helping you directly - though I am sure it is helping.

Having said that, it's worth noting that during the life of the service, we've now blocked over 100,000 spam registrations.

Reactions: Kim
With the release of Xenforo 1.2 and the spam prevention improvements it includes, the time is now right to start thinking about shutting down the B8 Spam Service.

I'm pleased that we've been able to help block over half a million spam registrations on Xenforo-based web sites, but I am confident that the changes and additions @Mike has made in the core software will continue to keep spammers at bay. :)

The service will continue to respond as normal until the end of August, after which it will shut down and all registrations will be processed as if the add-on was not installed.

Reactions: rdn
Top Bottom