Best server setup for XenForo

+DS_DV+

Hi,
i often read that hosters write some thing like:
"optimized hosting for XenForo"

so my question is what kind of optimisation they ment?
and which settings can i change to provide better preformance?

I have a server with nginx (wich mostly should be faster than apache) and enabled SPDY.
what can i do more?

with best +DS_DV+

Hi,
i often read that hosters write some thing like:
"optimized hosting for XenForo"

so my question is what kind of optimisation they ment?
and which settings can i change to provide better preformance?

I have a server with nginx (wich mostly should be faster than apache) and enabled SPDY.
what can i do more?

with best +DS_DV+
In our case it means fast SSD disks and proper server optimization (apache, mysql and a php accelerator). XF configuration is also adjusted to don't waste server resources and load as much fast as possible, that's why we revise each customer forum to optimize it after they sign up.

Knownhost.com are awesome! No complaints! Been with them for almost two years. Not even a single time i have approached them for issues relating to servers. They resolve them even before they become an issue. Start from their lowest plan and you can easily upgrade as when the need arises... i have opted for an additional stick of ram and that makes a huge difference in performance. All the Best! (y)

Anyone here use an IIS host? I use my own dedicated server, so I would be interested to hear how other windows users have configured their Windows Server install for speed over shinyness. I'm running 2008 R2.

Thnaks for the input guys!
Ill have a look at MariaDB and PHP such as some Caching options - i have my own server rentet at a serverhoster.
Its runin an Ubuntu LTS and as mentioned nginx.
I dotn like ProStacks ... 2 webservers are a strange feeling.

Will CloudFlare do the job?

with best +DS_DV+

PS: my problem i that i have like zero knowlage of servers but i have one so i must handle it -.-'
sorry for my bad english

So guys i got a bit time and spend it on reading forums and blog articcles (:

So i have some questions:
why should i use MariaDB? - it donest seem to have advantages (wich apply for xenforo) and as i read isnt rely faster.
And as i posted before will the use of cloudflare help me make it faster ?

with best +DS_DV+

PS: sorry for double post

Top Bottom