Best Portable HD Over 1TB?

I know western digital drives are rock solid owning about 10 (probably more) externals x3 wdtv hubs. I've just had good experiences with them. You disagree?
Reliability must be a new thing for Western Digital. Several years ago I had one fail after another, after another. I got to where I had a stack of dead WD's and vowed to never buy them again.

Otherwise get a NAS device as smartpixels suggests
Just don't get a Buffalo.

Reliability must be a new thing for Western Digital. Several years ago I had one fail after another, after another. I got to where I had a stack of dead WD's and vowed to never buy them again.

Just don't get a Buffalo.

Which is why I said I purchased them based on my own experiences. I'm not suggesting anyone purchase one just that "if it were me I'd go for the western digital" ;)

Their quality must have improved with the acquisition of Hitachi Global Storage Technologies :p

all joking aside, Seagate is the brand I'm worried about. They seem to be hitting an unusually large amount of dead drives recently.

Their quality must have improved with the acquisition of Hitachi Global Storage Technologies :p

all joking aside, Seagate is the brand I'm worried about. They seem to be hitting an unusually large amount of dead drives recently.

Their barracuda disks are the new Samsung (unsurprising after the acquisition), great price/performance, not so great longevity. Though 'not so great' is entirely relative - it's still at least on par with their competitors in my experience.

Thankfully they still make reasonably priced disks outside the consumer sector, e.g. the SV35 24/7 rated series

Their barracuda disks are the new Samsung (unsurprising after the acquisition), great price/performance, not so great longevity. Though 'not so great' is entirely relative - it's still at least on par with their competitors in my experience.

Thankfully they still make reasonably priced disks outside the consumer sector, e.g. the SV35 24/7 rated series

Wow.. I had a Seagate drive die a few months ago exactly to the day the warranty went out.

How infuriating.... I may just temporarily ban Seagate and just use exclusive Western Digital for the time being.

Top Bottom