Best Portable HD Over 1TB?

DRE

I desperately need a new portable hard drive. I have maxed out the HD on my 500GB desktop computer, the 500GB seagate portable HD, the 500GB external HD, 500 GB PS3 and almost maxed out my 250GB portable seagate HD. The seagate 1TB portable 3.0 HD looks very tempting. I might buy two of those. They are only $89 dollars. Are there any portable hard drives that are over 2TB? If so, do you own one?

Whatever you get make sure it can be connected to the router so you can use it as a cloud storage at office or home.

Buffalo, seagate, & iomega have a model but I preferred the Dlink sharecenter because of better cloud software and the fact that I could use my spare old HDD :)

That link says it has cloud storage but thats only free for 30 days. I'm not worried bout cloud storage tho.

Gotta reformat it when I get it for use with Time Machine (which I never use but why not)

I wonder if I can still use it for PC after reformatting it?

That link says it has cloud storage but thats only free for 30 days. I'm not worried bout cloud storage tho.

Gotta reformat it when I get it for use with Time Machine (which I never use but why not)

I wonder if I can still use it for PC after reformatting it?
I am not taking about public cloud like skydrive or googledrive

http://www.amazon.co.uk/D-Link-ShareCenter-Network-Storage-Enclosure/dp/B008HNRD4I

this allows you to create private/personal cloud so you can put you documents, videos and what not in one place and hook you tv, xbox, and pc to access the content.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I desperately need a new portable hard drive. I have maxed out the HD on my 500GB desktop computer, the 500GB seagate portable HD, the 500GB external HD, 500 GB PS3 and almost maxed out my 250GB portable seagate HD. The seagate 1TB portable 3.0 HD looks very tempting. I might buy two of those. They are only $89 dollars. Are there any portable hard drives that are over 2TB? If so, do you own one?
Own a bunch. Starting to switch to the bigger kind and buying different color drives (black) because the portable drives keep breaking. 20 million files is my issue.

I know western digital drives are rock solid owning about 10 (probably more) externals x3 wdtv hubs. I've just had good experiences with them. You disagree?
I disagree? no not at all, but i would disagree paying the same price for a 2tb when I could get the 3tb :)
I personally go for any, They all fail and at random times. I'm easy! ask my wife lol.

I disagree? no not at all, but i would disagree paying the same price for a 2tb when I could get the 3tb :)
I personally go for any, They all fail and at random times. I'm easy! ask my wife lol.

:P

I can understand pricing being a factor. But since I've had good experiences with wd drives and I use them to hold my PSDs which are important to me (worth more than the drives themselves by a factor of <insert high number here> I tend to go with them. I understand drives can go at any given time but with my experiences with wd I think the extra cost is worth it, for me.

I've got a stack of old IBM drives that have failed so I don't consider them anymore but i tend to go with stuff that have served me well over the years. :)

:p

I can understand pricing being a factor. But since I've had good experiences with wd drives and I use them to hold my PSDs which are important to me (worth more than the drives themselves by a factor of <insert high number here> I tend to go with them. I understand drives can go at any given time but with my experiences with wd I think the extra cost is worth it, for me.

I've got a stack of old IBM drives that have failed so I don't consider them anymore but i tend to go with stuff that have served me well over the years. :)
Aye it's a big ****ter when they die, You know I'm sure they make them to die at the very moment you need to get something mega important from them.

I'm just waiting for 2 to die at the same time from my raid5... I know it's coming :D when it rains it pours.

Aye it's a big ****ter when they die, You know I'm sure they make them to die at the very moment you need to get something mega important from them.

I'm just waiting for 2 to die at the same time from my raid5... I know it's coming :D when it rains it pours.

I remember (about two years into photoshop) I lost every PSD I had, I almost cried. I just expected drives to last forever (my own ignorance) and had to start creating everything from scratch again. I almost gave up on photoshop over it it was that bad I lost a lot of important work. I don't just rely on hardrives nowadays I back everything up on discs too but it's a mistake I won't ever make again. :D

WD - Have been good to me and I'm one for (if a company serves you well) it'll always get me purchasing from them. But yeah, agreeing there when it rains it definitely pours. :thumbsup:

I remember (about two years into photoshop) I lost every PSD I had, I almost cried. I just expected drives to last forever (my own ignorance)
Hell don't we all belive they will last forever. Aye I remmber you telling me about when you lost all the PSD's once. Not good at all. All my main files are now backup to dropdox,owncloud and a extra Harddrive. They best be safe lol.

Top Bottom