Best place for design custom quotes?

AzzidReign

I need somewhere to go to get a custom quote. I have a design almost ready, I need to find somewhere that offers coding quotes.

Anyone? I've tried Audentio or w/e...but it's been a few days and they haven't replied to my request. Any people here looking to do a skin coding job?

Holding out for a reputable styler is the best advice i can give to anyone wanting a custom design whether it's a slicing of the psd coding job or a brand new custom design. I've seen too many stylers take on jobs they can't handle and eventually abandon the project.

Kim and forsaken would be my first recommendation if they do take on work grab that slot if they do.

Contact themesinc.com if you want some of the best custom forum work in the business... and not, I have nothing to do with them, that is purely based on viewing their custom work they had done on other forum platforms. Real cutting edge stuff typically...

Contact themesinc.com if you want some of the best custom forum work in the business... and not, I have nothing to do with them, that is purely based on viewing their custom work they had done on other forum platforms. Real cutting edge stuff typically...
I wasn't aware that Miko or Pank did custom work? I don't think they'd code someone elses design either.

They used to... pretty sure they still do custom work! Miko used to do a lot of custom bits and pieces, from headers and footers to complete layouts.

Yer, I don't think they do someone elses design. If memory serves me correctly, Miko used to offer a range of offers based on how much work was required. He would design a set of quick header, footer and navbits graphics and implement them, things like that, to full custom layouts for VB.

I did read somewhere on his site that they were going to offer custom work again at some point... they just wanted to get themesinc launched and running first...

It never hurts to ask and contact them. The worst that can happen is they say no if they aren't offering up a custom service at this point. Chances are if they do, it might be best putting your quote into them for when they do so you have a slot pending they'll code another persons design. I know many people hate to touch another designers work but never hurts to ask and/or contact them.

It never hurts to ask and contact them. The worst that can happen is they say no if they aren't offering up a custom service at this point. Chances are if they do, it might be best putting your quote into them for when they do so you have a slot pending they'll code another persons design. I know many people hate to touch another designers work but never hurts to ask and/or contact them.
I hate other designers PSD's when they put no effort into making them legible.

http://photoshopetiquette.com/ If people followed 1/3 of these, the world would be a much happier place.

PSD's, PNG's, etc... also becoming a thing of the past for most uses, now CSS3 is ramping up. You can completely gradient your boxes, etc, with hover gradients, all via a simple CSS now. No need for .png's or such to achieve it, thus another image loading, regardless how small it is. The most complex of shadows can now be achieved via CSS, no requirement to PSD and export to .png the better CSS3 continues to become.

Add jquery with CSS3, and well... template type design is dead and buried even for the smallest of effects.

PSD's, PNG's, etc... also becoming a thing of the past for most uses, now CSS3 is ramping up. You can completely gradient your boxes, etc, with hover gradients, all via a simple CSS now. No need for .png's or such to achieve it, thus another image loading, regardless how small it is. The most complex of shadows can now be achieved via CSS, no requirement to PSD and export to .png the better CSS3 continues to become.

Add jquery with CSS3, and well... template type design is dead and buried even for the smallest of effects.
Damn.. If you say it it must be true.

I guess I'll stop doing PSD's as mockups, and forget about backwards compatibility to older browsers (Only the newest versions within the last year support gradients and other CSS3 methods).

Also forget logos, any images whatsoever, and just forget design in general. You know what, I think I'm just going to start a web revolution, and go straight back to Lynx, that way we get rid of all those things we don't need in general!

:rolleyes:.

New post that isn't full of sarcasm:

Obviously a PSD is to show the customer what they'll be getting as an end project, and especially if you're passing it off to someone else to code.

Without a PSD the coder is shooting in the dark to envision what the designer had in mind, and god knows the customer won't know what they're getting as most designers (myself included) use a lot of jargon that just confuses the customer.

How comes you don't do theme design jobs for money? I've seen some of the themes you've created for AX, BBSmiley and few other forums and I'm quite surprised to be honest that you don't appear to do it earning cash from jobs.

Damn.. If you say it it must be true.

I guess I'll stop doing PSD's as mockups, and forget about backwards compatibility to older browsers (Only the newest versions within the last year support gradients and other CSS3 methods).

Also forget logos, any images whatsoever, and just forget design in general. You know what, I think I'm just going to start a web revolution, and go straight back to Lynx, that way we get rid of all those things we don't need in general!

:rolleyes:.

ROFLMAO :LOL:

To be fair as funny as that is I have found myself spending less and less time in photoshop and able to do alot with css3. That said, the really complex stuff and unique directional shadows/designs and such are best done in a graphics editor that css3 just cannot do. There's unique overly complex shaping that just can't be done with css3 as much as i enjoy using it.

Also, if we look past the technical aspects od css3 etc there are still people that want to inject character into their designs something imagery can do so much better than css3 without this coming off as a debate against CSS3 vs images.

At this time, the two compliment one another nicely.

Top Bottom